New ipad cases in the UK

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by dromi, Mar 8, 2012.

1. dromi macrumors member

2. dromi thread starter macrumors member

3. dromi thread starter macrumors member

4. trooperiziz macrumors newbie

However, if you look closer, all they have done is state that the current ipad 2 cases work with the new ipad (or the ipad 3 as they call it). What they are selling as ipad 3 cases are just ipad 2 cases, so I can't see that working out too well for them when people start to return the more form fitting ones as they don't fit!

5. dromi thread starter macrumors member

6. trooperiziz macrumors newbie

Importing to the UK from Incipio doesn't seem like too much of a hassle though. I had a look at the smartfeather case and it was only $8 to ship it to the UK first class, or $15 for a courier.

What I really want is a Lexington but without the stupid fold-around tongue clasp :D

7. dromi thread starter macrumors member

I looked at it seriously..

You would over the £15 pound thershold and liable to handling fee and import duty... Plus a week or more of delay, not sure if it's worth the hastle at this point.

8. mushed macrumors member

Yeah I hate the fact that its going to be a while before we can get a 'proper' case over here (I'm looking at the switcheasy canvase when they release one for the 3rd gen) so looks like it's going to have to be screen protectors and a slip case until that day :(

9. GeorgeN111 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

It is certainly annoying that it will be a while, I have ordered a sleeve and I was going to order an SGP Back Skin, until I heard from another member that the back of the New iPad is slightly different.

Will iPad 2 screen shields fit the New iPad? Could someone please confirm. That would be great.

10. oli356 macrumors 6502

A back screen shield will probably not be a perfect fit, the front ones should be. The only case I know which is on its way to the UK is the STM Skinny

11. mushed macrumors member

I'm not too keen on the STM skinny I don't really like how it looks, I'm going to order one off of ebay from someone who makes slip cases (like from a patterned fabric) who I've ordered from before for my iphone and kindle slip covers to keep me until we actually get some nicer ones over here, I really don't want a smart cover I want some decent protection! I bought my dad one from tesco for his ipad 2 which we got him in oct for his birthday
    http://direct.tesco.com/pi/Enlarge/4/AW11211-1004TPS1016864.jpg but a non-gloss version. I tempted to get this glossy one which should fit the new one because it doesn't have a 'hard snap fit' part to it.

12. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

LOL, not sure I'd buy from there, but Griffin have nothing in the UK, my old rear shell went to my buddy with the iPad 2, so my priority has to be a back cover...Even a cheap silicone one will do for now.

I will probably be buying the Stilgut leather folio case for out and about...I have the same case in black for my 4S, but the back protection is what's needed this week.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/StilGut-Ult...Y6BM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331465255&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.co.uk/StilGut-Sli...2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1331465299&sr=1-2-catcorr

The iPhone case is the one I have now.

13. trooperiziz macrumors newbie

14. pilot25dmc macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I ordered the new Marware CEO Hybrid on Friday morning from the US. It got shipped via UPS International Special on Friday night so I should have it by Wednesday/Thursday.

Total price including shipping was around $80.

I used the CEO Hybrid with my iPad 2 and it was one of the best cases I have ever owned, took about 3 months to get one over here when the iPad 2 came out.

15. mushed macrumors member

Just had a look on Cygnetts site and the lavish cases for iPad 2 = £34.95, lavish cases for the new ipad = £59.99! What is going on?!?! :eek:

16. dromi thread starter macrumors member

no way I am spending big money until I know this cases fit etc..