New Ipad & Cellular

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BASRPH, Dec 2, 2015.

1. BASRPH macrumors member

BASRPH

Recently on Black Friday the Target stores were offering a discount on IPads but when I looked into the details they only listed ATT, Sprint & T-Mobile as carriers. On my old Ipad I have Verizon. Is this not an option any longer?

2. hovscorpion12, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015

hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Verizon is part of the LTE iPad options, however the iPad must be bought through Verizon store or online. Neither Apple's buy option for iPad Air 2 or 3rd party sellers have the Verizon option.

3. rwp macrumors member

Actually, I purchased my 128GB iPad Pro + LTE through Apple.com. They have Verizon option, but you have to add the Verizon nano SIM to the order (it is shipped separately). The iPads come with the Apple SIM by default.

If you don't ask for the Verizon SIM at order time, you can call Verizon and request one or walk into any Verizon store and they will give you one when you activate service.

4. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

The iPad Pro on Apple.com does have the Verizon option. I don't know which ipad the OP is looking into. I do know the Air 2 doesnt have the option but can be used on VZ's sim card.