New iPad clicking sound

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rollzst, Apr 5, 2012.

1. rollzst macrumors member

Ive just noticed to the left of the home button on my new iPad the bezel makes a clicking sound when pressed. I can't see any physical damage but it is a little annoying as I usually hold the iPad in that area. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? It does t seem bad enough to take back to apple as the device is perfect apart from this. If anyone else is experiencing this is there a quick fix like putting weight on that area overnight or anything?

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

As in a creak sound as you put pressure on it? Sounds like a weak bezel to me.

3. interfreak macrumors regular

interfreak

Don't press there - problem solved! :D

4. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

I'd love to see how an iPad is manufactured at the Chinese factory on a Science Channel episode of "How it's Made". Maybe not... we might all be appalled.

5. macheed macrumors newbie

I would suggest that you do return it as you might have a weak bezel. Worse still is the fact that the glass might not be properly mounted/fitted as a result. This might some day contribute to glass damage.

6. Old Smuggler macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler

Hard drive failure, return it

Just kidding sounds like a weak bezel i would return it may cause a stress fracture down the road hopefully it will be covered for return

7. rollzst thread starter macrumors member

Yes that's what I mean. Looks like I may have to return then