New iPad Dead Pixel

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fazik93, Mar 16, 2012.

1. fazik93 macrumors newbie

I set up my new iPad today and was playing around with it when I noticed a small black dot. I figured it's a dead pixel. What should I do?

Attached Files:

2. identity macrumors 6502

Return it if it bothers you. There's no reason to keep an expensive item if it's defected.

3. iCarabma macrumors 6502

Return it if it doesn't bother you, gone are the dAys of having to live with dead pixels, and since its visible in the photo it's either a spec of dirt trapped or a cluster of pixels.

4. St8kout macrumors regular

I saw where the supply of displays might be a problem because some were not meeting Apple's quality of control standards and were having trouble ramping up production. Maybe a bad one got through the cracks. I have no doubt Apple will make good on it, but I would not wait too long if your local stores still have ipads in stock. I guess we will find out here if other people have them.

5. kucyk macrumors member

for me it doesn't look like a dead pixel ... it looks like 12 dead pixels :)

return it ASAP

6. smr macrumors 6502a

That looks like dust to me. I had the same problem with my 1st gen iPad and Apple swapped it for a new one. I would exchange it.

7. kevinlky macrumors newbie

Will dead pixel get reflected on photo? Or only on screen? Now i'm having doubt on the ipad i have gotten (whether is it dust or dead pixel?). What I did was taking a screenshot of certain color and view via from a TV console, will this help to differentiate?

8. Dextux macrumors member

My iPad looked exactly the same before exchanging it. Best Buy exchanged it no problems. So glad I did.

9. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Since I was waiting for the smart cover I ordered, I never took the plastic off. Today I did and found six dead pixels all in the lower right of the screen. Off to Best Buy I go.

Hmmm...exchange for another 32GB or upgrade to a 64GB....

10. iCrosoft macrumors regular

iCrosoft

FYI, Apple will also give exchanges for defective units purchased elsewhere.