New Ipad, did they double touch sensor resolution too?

willcapellaro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
All you hear about the the iPad is that they doubled the resolution and it now has 4x the pixels. That's great (I want one badly), but I have a somewhat idly curious question: did they double the resolution of the touch sensor? If no one knows, is there any way for me to find out?

I assume they did not, nothing has changed on the users side (unless evolution has accelerated) and the iPad multitouch sensors are the best I'e used. But I am wondering if doubling the sensor grid would allow for finer stylus design (more actual styli instead of crayons).

I also wonder if the disconnect from display / input resolutions may be a headache for some developers that are doing custom UI or interactivity and want the fine detail. Drawing or notetaking programs especially.

Thoughts anybody?

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
For the love of god please put in an active digitizer so I can use my Wacom pen. >.< It would make Sketchbook Pro sooooooo much easier to use. My fingers aren't fat but I'm annoyed whenever I try to draw something and it looks like a 2 year old scribbled on a sheet of paper.