New Ipad, did they double touch sensor resolution too?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by willcapellaro, Mar 15, 2012.

1. willcapellaro macrumors 6502

All you hear about the the iPad is that they doubled the resolution and it now has 4x the pixels. That's great (I want one badly), but I have a somewhat idly curious question: did they double the resolution of the touch sensor? If no one knows, is there any way for me to find out?

I assume they did not, nothing has changed on the users side (unless evolution has accelerated) and the iPad multitouch sensors are the best I'e used. But I am wondering if doubling the sensor grid would allow for finer stylus design (more actual styli instead of crayons).

I also wonder if the disconnect from display / input resolutions may be a headache for some developers that are doing custom UI or interactivity and want the fine detail. Drawing or notetaking programs especially.

Thoughts anybody?

2. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

3. psonice macrumors 6502a

It's a touch screen, and fingers haven't halved in size.

4. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

For the love of god please put in an active digitizer so I can use my Wacom pen. >.< It would make Sketchbook Pro sooooooo much easier to use. My fingers aren't fat but I'm annoyed whenever I try to draw something and it looks like a 2 year old scribbled on a sheet of paper.

5. crashnburn macrumors 6502

it would be great if they enabled FINGER & Some Stylus for note taking etc.

6. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

7. hefeglass macrumors 6502a