New iPad downgrade help?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MrJellyBeans, Sep 25, 2011.

1. MrJellyBeans macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum.

Anyway, my question is that I took my iPad into the Genius Bar today after the connector dock was malfunctioning internally. It was on iOS 4.3.1 and had SHSH blobs saved (I believe). Anyway, I got a new iPad replacement for free and I want to down grade iOS 4.3.5 to iOS 4.3.3.

Is there any way I can do this? I have tried to put the device in DFU mode and "alt" key restore to my selected firmware, but I get the error message saying I could not be granted the requested build. I cleared the gs.apple.com line in my Hosts file as well.

Thanks much!

(Other info, iMac 2008, OS X Lion 10.7.1 and a 1st Generation iPad, 32GB Wifi).

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

You cannot downgrade an iPad without blobs, and blobs are specific to each device, so you cannot use any you may have saved from your previous iPad. You're out of luck, I'm afraid.

3. MrJellyBeans thread starter macrumors newbie

No worries :)

I can wait for iOS 5 until then. That jailbreak will come out pretty quick when the GM is released. Until then, I'll leave my iPad as it is.

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

You could use TinyUmbrella to see what SHSH Blobs are saved on your iPad. Just make sure you click on the advanced tab and make sure you un-check 'Set Hosts to Cydia on exit' and 'Request SHSH from Cydia'. This should pull all available SHSH from your device.

5. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Read first! Please use the appropriate forum or subforum

To help other users find the iPad threads they are looking for, please choose the most appropriate forum for your new thread.

Use iPad Hacks for jailbreaking and customization.

Thanks!