New iPad few questions...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by leighschvartz, Mar 18, 2012.

1. leighschvartz macrumors newbie

Hi all!

Just got the new iPad and on it now, the screen and usability is incredible!

Few questions though... App wise - what is the best browser to use? Do most of you just stick to safari or are there better alternatives? In terms of downloading is there anything better?

Also - I've got avplayerhd for my video which is working well, but what was th app thA was really good for streaming video from my MBP?

Thank you!

Leigh

2. monkeylui macrumors 6502

I like safari just fine. Atomic browser & skyfire are both good though.

Stream to me or air video are very good for streaming from the MBP.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If you give Safari a chance you will like it, at least I did but then I came from Windows:eek:

There are other browsers but I became so happy with safari that I looked no farther.

4. donnaw macrumors 65816

I still use Safari most of the time but I use Photon for flash content. My husband goes to a lot of sites that have flash so he uses Photon exclusively. The reason I don't is that their bookmark organization is really, really bad. Meaning that it has no way to organize or rename them.

5. leighschvartz thread starter macrumors newbie

OK cool - one more while we are here .. What's the best way to transfer avi and mkv video files from my laptop to my iPad for offline viewing? I know air video can stream but what's the best to way to store for later viewing?

6. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I highly recommend Goodplayer for this situation. There is a thread in thenipad apps section of this forum about Goodplayer and the developer is active in that thread.

7. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I use atomic over safari for two reasons: downloads and user agent switching.