New iPad Flciker Squares - Screen Issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrathee, Mar 17, 2012.

1. mrathee macrumors 6502

Has anyone else noticed random flickering squares on their new ipad? I have a 16gb white wifi version- when i start using it (only used it 5 times so far, 4 of which had this issue) a few squares show up around the screen and flicker when anything on the screen changes or if i touch the screen

i can't replicate it on demand so im not sure how to explain it if i take it to the apple store.

anyone else notice anything similar?

2. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

Don't worry about it....I have seen it on 3 different ipad 3rd gens as well as my own. A lot of websites cause this..and on the higher rez you can notice it more.

I can also dupicate this to a lower degree on my ipad 1st gen.

3. mrathee thread starter macrumors 6502

It's tough not to notice it - its a very solid delay. Looks like it is the screen updating but it isnt the refresh rate because it would be consistent across the width of the screen.

Really curious to see if others are experiencing this.

I may not have described it well enough in my original post- ill see if I can manage to get a screenshot

4. scubasteve03 macrumors regular

I don't what the other guy is talking about, but this shouldn't be happening. This is not normal, I have never seen this on any of my iPads. I would try restoring the iPad as new, and if it still does it, you need to just get it replaced for a new one. This isn't something that you should have to just put up with and ignore like the other poster said. Sorry about that man. Good luck.

5. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

How am I ignoring it. If you read what I said, I compared it to other new ipads in the apple store (as well as ones in best buy). Its so minute...that unless you know what you're looking for, you won't notice it. I was able to do this on my ipad 1 also, as well as my coworkers Ipad 2, after much trial and error.

But hey have it your way......OP go get a replacement if you so choose.

----------

No...I understand. Its like a quick flicker, or small box of pink or white. The only way I can get it to happens is when I'm browsing on certain sites (but even that is rare)......I got it to once do it on my macbook like a year ago...but haven't seen it since.

6. mrathee, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012

mrathee thread starter macrumors 6502

It isn't minute - I'm not sure we are seeing the same things. These are large 20 pixel+ squares that flicker around for 1-2 seconds every time a large update happens on the screen. I was able to replicate this by loading a website and simply scrolling up and down casually.

I recorded a video - will update here when it finishes uploading to youtube

EDIT:

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHt2CKokIy4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edit Again:

Sorry for the portrait orientation - stupid choice in my part. Video still serves its purpose.

7. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

Sorry man....I stand corrected, that is different.

Give me that exact link, so I can try to duplicated on my both my ipads.

8. mrathee thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats actually a site im developing on my local network - try any other site.

This happens any time the screen changes so any app / site should work if you have the same issue.

9. HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

mrathee, I am unable to duplicated. Take that bad boy back for a replacement. On a positive note, you were able to get a video of it to show them at the apple store, or wherever you bought it. So that's a good thing.

10. mrathee thread starter macrumors 6502

yea looks like thats what i need to do. I can replicate it now, knowing what i did for the video, but having captured it is a plus so I don't get any flak or make a wasted trip to the apple store.

Thanks for the confirmation

11. SR71 macrumors 68000

32GB white wifi iPad 3. I can't replicate the issue. You should definitely take that into an Apple store.

12. mcfinch macrumors member