new ipad gen2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by doobybiggs, Apr 29, 2012.

1. doobybiggs macrumors 6502

doobybiggs

any ideas on how long it will be before 2nd gen will be released? I never buy any first gen anything ... PC or MAC - just something I have never done. I let all the bugs get worked out by the instant adopters and then I get the improved great 2nd gen :)

2. ManUMark macrumors member

This is the 3rd iPad and the iPad came from the iPod touch (I have a 1st gen iPad touch and its still works fine). The hardwear is stunning and bugs are done thru the OS.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Not exactly how the iPad releases are handled

4. doobybiggs thread starter macrumors 6502

doobybiggs

then how are they handled? Sales drop and they slap Gen2 on it so people buy them again?

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

You missed the release of the 2nd gen by about a year. Now it's the 3rd gen. My advice...get one, then install a news app.

And on the off chance you were somehow referring to a second wave of the 3rd gen, it seems to be pretty much in continuous production. They probably tweak the assembly process on a daily, or at least weekly basis.

6. doobybiggs thread starter macrumors 6502

doobybiggs

well no I said ... new ipad which is the newest one released since they dropped the numbering system. check out a reading comprehension app ;)

that is what I was wanting to know ... wasnt sure how they did the ipads ... thanks

7. SYale macrumors member

In his defense...Apple refers to the "new iPad" as the iPad (3rd Gen) on their store's website when you add it into your cart. Also seen on the iPad boxes, it will say 3rd generation.

8. doobybiggs thread starter macrumors 6502

doobybiggs

hmmmm true ... but with all the media about the huge change in naming and all that, I just figured it was a given. Maybe not :confused:

I mean there site shows off ...

Attached Files:

9. PaulWog Suspended

First, why don't you get a brain? Don't go insulting people preemtively. He knew what you were talking about: you were just so oblivious about the iPad that you thought he was talking about something entirely different from your question.

They released an iPad 1, and an iPad 2. Now a third iPad is out. Do you think magically, just because they don't advertise it with a number, that it is some absolutely separate piece of technology?

MacBook airs and MacBook pros don't have numbers either. They just come out with new versions...

There is always going to be new hardware in new devices. Any new iteration of theiPad will undoubtedly have a different mainboard, processor, graphics chip, etc, etc. Sometimes "kinks" in the production are worked out a few months into the release, if there are any issues at all. Sometimes issues aren't fixed until a gen later. The iPad 3 is overall a success though, so if you want one, then just buy it now.