Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshuasuite9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
Heyy, I'm planning on buying an iPad early next month (abt the 8th or 9th) but I really believe an iPad 's fuctionality is seriously limited without a jailbreak. I have learnt that the recent 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 firmwwares fixes the pdf exploit that comex found and can no longer be jailbroken. What i would like to know is if a new iPad was bought, would it come with these newer firmwares installed or with 4.3.3 or older. Also if i was to buy an iPad which was packaged a few months ago would that older one be loaded with 4.3.3 or would it auto update when hooked up to iTunes. Thank you in advance! :)

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
itunes always ask to update, never does it automatically. Its unlikely any current stock will have 4.3.4 or greater on as its only a week old.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
itunes always ask to update, never does it automatically. Its unlikely any current stock will have 4.3.4 or greater on as its only a week old.

To follow up with this point, when iTunes asks to update, you have the option of hitting cancel and not updating so it's always at the users discretion to update or not.

HengenJL

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
obviously the current stock does not contain 4.3.4/5, though as fast as Apple is still selling iPads it could very well be a possibilty that by the time you go to buy one next month that those iPads could have 4.3.4/5 already loaded on them.

joshuasuite9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
ok thankss guys! i wud try to move earlier...as in this saturday or monday and id try at best buy or wal mart where the older stocks may last longer! wish me luck! :)

trsblader

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
Don't forget to check Target if you have one by you too (if walmart and best buy are out of stock on what you want).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.