New Ipad Hotspot????

Bulldog3777

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Forgive me for being stupid. I have never used a hotspot on anything but my mifi. How does the Verizon hotspot on the Ipad work? Do you connect a cable to the Ipad? Or does it just send out a signal like my Verizon mifi? Will the Ipad have a way of making the signal secure? The only time I would use it is to connect with my laptop or my wife's Ipad. I just do not understand the process. Thinking of getting rid of my mifi and the $30 every month.

elaniemay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2011
California, USA
I *think* your devices will find your iPad as a hotspot when you search for a wifi network. I believe I read that up to five devices can be supported, and their usage goes against your data plan (though I would love some further explanation on that).

Ste Nova

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
LL22, UK
I *think* your devices will find your iPad as a hotspot when you search for a wifi network. I believe I read that up to five devices can be supported, and their usage goes against your data plan (though I would love some further explanation on that).
thats how the ip4 works

Bulldog3777

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Hotspot

Will the Ipad have a way of sending out a secure signal or will anyone in the airport have access to it?