New iPad hung on install screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kaizen, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Kaizen macrumors member

Hey all. As the thread title suggests, I just tried to install ios6 on my new iPad and after downloading the software and restarting, its hung at the install screen with the apple logo and the progress bar. I've left it for about 45 minutes but the progress bar hasn't moved at all.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this?

Thanks

2. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

The only thing I know to do is to press and hold the power button and home button. That will enter DFU mode and iTunes will prompt you to restore your iPad. Not sure if it will make you re-downlad the software, but it might.

I'm stuck in slow internet hell. My download will take 4 hours if I stay at this location and no, the iPad won't stay in DFU mode that long. :(

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Sounds a bit longish...

But I'd say, plug it in so it doesn't run out of juice.
    Go play xBox, mow the yard, whatever. Come back later.

4. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I'm at mom's (756K internet). Need to go home to my Roadrunner Turbo. Its just that I'm iPhone-less until Friday and wanted at least one iOS device working. Oh well...

5. Kaizen thread starter macrumors member

Well, it looks like plugging the iPad into my iMac resolved it, thankfully. A few minutes after I connected the iPad it restarted itself and ran the ios6 intro steps.

6. floridonet macrumors regular

Add me to the list. I rebooted and now it's going again. We'll see what happens. This is what I get for being an early adopter.... :eek:

----------

Doing a reboot did it. I'm rolling on iOS 6 now.