iPad New iPad jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dima470, May 26, 2012.

?

Will you jailbreak your new iPad with absinthe?

1. Yes, freedom!

98 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No way, just apple software.

14 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Dima470, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012

Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

Im just wondering how many of you guys will be jailbreaking or have jailbroken your new iPads with the jailbreak just came out? Poll.

2. SL4VE macrumors 6502

tried the jailbreak, its unreliable and full of bugs. prefer the reliability and efficiency of standard

3. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Works flawlessly here. I made sure I did NOT blindly restore everything from my iPad 2 Pkgbackup backup. Installed apps fresh 1 at a time to avoid conflicts because a lot of stuff won't work and could cause major problems.

4. iEvolution macrumors 65816

It sucks to have to pick between stability or freedom... I don't understand why Apple won't open the device more on their own rather than lock it down tight? Multitasking specifically is horrid on the device and the split keyboard could be bigger.

5. number84 macrumors 6502

don't know about all the people having stability issues with the jailbreak. did mine last night and except for a few white icons (which go away after a couple of resprings), works great!

6. dgstan macrumors 6502a

JB'd the iPad 3 last night without a single problem. Installed a bunch of tweaks and everything still runs great. I love doing this stuff on the iPad, since it's not a mission-critical device like the iPhone.

7. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

JB my new iPad 3, worked on the first try. Seems to be running well. Now if only Cydia's servers could catch a break, we'd be in business.

8. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

I'm not sure to jailbreak it or not cause the last thing I want is lag

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

10. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

My question is will it stay smooth or will it loose speed over time like the iPhone?

11. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Even my iPad 1 was smooth as ever jailbroken for over a year with many many tweaks.

Wanna know a secret? It's Winterboard that slows everything down. Try it, there is a clearly noticeable lag increase. Just avoid Winterboard unless it is vital to you.

----------

I would bet money you actually didn't try the jailbreak, or you were a tard and went on screwing around in things you had no business screwing around in.

1 example of a bug please? Thought so.

----------

What do you mean a choice between stability and freedom? A jailbroken device is no less stable than a vanilla device, just heed the warnings when it says "Don't go around screwing with things unless you know what you screwing with"

Apple is a control freak, short and simple. Though I do agree with them.
    Can you even imagine the amount of screwed up devices people would return if apple gave them the ability to openly screw with them?

I guess the very least apple could do is stop putting so friggen many jailbreak protection measures, so those of us who aren't tards can jailbreak, and then those who have no idea what they are doing can be content with their vanilla devices. They can even leave it up to the public to produce the jailbreak.

12. ipos macrumors 6502a

13. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Yes, unless it's a revision 2. Apparently. Quite what revision 2 means, I don't know.

14. MattWeed9 macrumors member

MattWeed9

I have had my iPad 2 jail broken since friday and other then facetimes icon show white one time, not had a single issue. Other then I burned the battery up that day playing with it so much lol.

15. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

Revision iPad 2 or R2 iPad 2 is the newer version of iPad 2 that uses a smaller A5 processor. If you do not have a 16 GB iPad 2, it cannot be an R2. If it is 16 GB and you bought if before the New iPad came out, you are fine. If you bought it after the New iPad came out, do some research to check if it is R2 or not. R2 iPad 2's cannot be jailbroken as of now.

16. Mercury6 macrumors member

the revision ipad 2 can now be jailbroken with absinthe 2.0.4

17. xraytech macrumors 68020

When JBing my iOS devices, I always start freshly wiped. Fewer headaches that way. Also I don't go crazy with customizations, I don't even use SBSettings.

This is how my screen looks like...

[​IMG]

Only issue the first couple of days was that everyone and their Grandma were slamming the servers.

18. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

I don't trust the jailbreak, read too may forums where people are having trouble. I have spent too much to see my iPhone or iPad bite the dust because of a jailbreak.

For all of those that like it, wonderful, I am glad for you, it is just not for me. I am not saying it is bad, just not for me.

HiddenPuppy

19. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Been outta the JB scene for quite some time. Was happy to hear the latest one came out and I immediately JB'd my iPhone 4/iPad 3 and been very happy with it. The last one was a bit buggy and made my phone lag however this one seems to be pretty smooth. Haven't noticed any major issues yet with absinthe. Now I have to get back in and relearn everything again starting with the themes :(

20. xraytech macrumors 68020

Different strokes...

The vast majority of the time, a simple DFU restore makes things right.

21. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

There isn't any lag. Just doesn't install every tweak under the Sun and it works normally.

22. SleekB macrumors member

SleekB

no problems yet, just hate how there is no weather tweak at all that works yet :(

23. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I like Jailbreaking, but I don't like GreenPoison/Absinthe jailbreaks.

24. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Absolutely, love your attitude I don't criticize those that want to do it and don't want criticized because I don't want to do it.

Often I avoid subjects like this because if you don't agree it is a flame war and I don't see the need in that.

Thanks for your good post,
    HiddenPuppy

25. xraytech macrumors 68020

How was I Flaming you? =\