new iPad laggy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by joegleur, Apr 3, 2012.

1. joegleur macrumors regular

hey guys,

this is not a whinge thread but merely questions.

system-wide:
    i noticed with the new iPad, even at the current OS, interfaces (keyboard popups) etc are a bit laggy. with the first iPad (at iOS 3.2) and iPad 2 (current OS), everything was really snappy.

app-centric:
    when Sketchbook Pro was first updated for Retina, scrolling around while zoomed in was a bit laggy but a newer update fixed it. i'm noticing it with adobe ideas now that selecting different layers and zooming would lag.

now onto the questions. is the lagginess attributed to the apps not being optimised?

if yes, what about the system-centric tasks?

it's by no means a dealbreaker but being an iPad user from generation 1, buttery smooth performance is a bit of a diva expectation now:p

2. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

i have actually noticed that the ipad3 is sometimes laggy when using the 4/5 fingered gesture to close apps or using the multitasking tray to open a new app. has anyone else noticed this? its not slow or anything, just the animation is a bit choppier than what it was on the ipad 2

3. superdudeo macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted

I noticed its lack of snappiness when trying out in store. It seems like they haven't given it the processor to match the display. I find opening iBooks is a good test of speed and the new iPad was really quite slow.

4. joegleur thread starter macrumors regular

i noticed all of the above too. like i mentioned in my original post, it's not a deal breaker but a tad bit dissapointing because you only expect the smoothness to kinda drop once an entirely new iOS version comes out. even then, that hardly happens to the degree as now.