Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stig1990

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
Highbridge, UK
Hi, i was hoping to find this post for cribbs, yea i was there for the 4s launch and i will be there friday morning! Sold my iPad 1st gen back in january, so ive waited long enough, i was thrilled when i heard it was being released on the 16th the same as the US, im glad they are doing that now rather than giving the US first dibs and every other country having to wait weeks until they get it.

Normix

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2011
Bristol, UK
I'm planning to go this friday hopefully. I was there for the iPad2 launch queue. But I have work in the afternoon so don't know how long I can stay.

Stig1990

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
Highbridge, UK
I'm planning to go this friday hopefully. I was there for the iPad2 launch queue. But I have work in the afternoon so don't know how long I can stay.

What model are you planning on getting? What time are you planning on getting there? Based on what the ipad 2 launch was like.

Normix

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2011
Bristol, UK
I planning to get a black Wifi 64GB model. Last year it was an evening launch and I queued for 3 1/2 hours starting at 2pm.

I'm planning to come at 8am if it is confirmed to be a morning launch. I was told by Apple store staff to to phone back later in the week to confirm the launch times.

Stig1990

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
Highbridge, UK
With the 4s last year the que was huge by 8am, thats when the store openend, if it is a morning launch i would say try and get there earlier than that if you can, better to be safe than sorry.

Normix

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2011
Bristol, UK
I phoned the Apple store today. They confirmed the 8am launch with The Mall opening at 6am. I will be awaking as early as I can.

Stig1990

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
Highbridge, UK
Thats really wierd, i phoned them today aswell (about 12.30) and guy said we still dont know, when i was there for the 4s launch they didnt let us in the mall till just gone 7, its the ground entrance at the back you have to que at (the john lewis end where the buses are) i didnt know that last time.

Normix

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2011
Bristol, UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

im here. i arrived at 6:45 and am about 30th in line near the next store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.