New iPad Launching in Philippines and Guam on May 29

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's iPad selection page for Asia reveals that the company will be launching the third-generation iPad in both the Philippines and Guam next Tuesday, May 29. This smaller group of additions comes just over two weeks after Apple's last round, which saw the device launch in 30 new countries.

Apple has noted several times that its international rollout of the third-generation iPad is the fastest ever for an Apple product, with the company now offering the device in roughly 90 countries just over two months after its first round of launches.

Article Link: New iPad Launching in Philippines and Guam on May 29

brownpaw

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
This is interesting because Guam is a US territory... They can generally import anything from the mainland easily. They don't have an Apple Store. So where/how is it exactly "launching" when anyone on island that wants one probably already has one?

Comment

Discoverer

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2010
The flag needs more snakes.
They do not cause too many problems lately, supposedly. At least, that's what some people say. Last time I visited Guam was in 2009 and I remember the local government searching for ways to eradicate them.

Comment

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
I read this as a new iPad, as in newer than the current model.
haha, yes, it's the "new iPad" not a new new "iPad". Though when the next, newer new iPad launches it may be confusing for the owners of the current, future-old "new iPad" (though not so much for the even older new iPads, as they could be called 'original' or '2' as well as being new. Before they were old).

iPad (3rd Generation) anyway.

Comment

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Still no Indonesia.:mad:

Typical slow Indonesian Officials.

Like the Lady Gaga case, it was already known months ago she would have a concert here on June 3th but just last week they (Government-Muslim Ulama-FPI) start to question it, then a couple of days ago wasn't allowed to have her concert, after a demonstration of fans she was allowed just yesterday and today I heard Lady Gaga canceled it because of the hassle.:eek:

Comment

ohbrilliance

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
Melbourne, Australia

Like the Lady Gaga case, it was already known months ago she would have a concert here on June 3th but just last week they (Government-Muslim Ulama-FPI) start to question it, then a couple of days ago wasn't allowed to have her concert, after a demonstration of fans she was allowed just yesterday and today I heard Lady Gaga canceled it because of the hassle.:eek:
Apparently she won't tour in countries that don't yet have the new iPad. Sucks, I know.

Comment

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Hope she wont post anything stupid on her fb such as god doesnt existed or something!:rolleyes:

Comment

muguam

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2012
You'd think a big company like Apple would hire people smart enough to know that Guam is a territory of the USA and not a foreign country. I can understand a company like Skype, but Apple?:confused:

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple's iPad selection page for Asia reveals that the company will be launching the third-generation iPad in both the Philippines and Guam next Tuesday, May 29. This smaller group of additions comes just over two weeks after Apple's last round, which saw the device launch in 30 new countries.

Apple has noted several times that its international rollout of the third-generation iPad is the fastest ever for an Apple product, with the company now offering the device in roughly 90 countries just over two months after its first round of launches.

Article Link: New iPad Launching in Philippines and Guam on May 29

Comment

japanime

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I visited Guam for my first (and, unfortunately, only) time back in 1989.

While there, I met this guy who had a super high-tech gadget called the Casio B.O.S.S., which stood for "Business Organizer Scheduling System." It was a PDA with a whopping 64KB of memory.

I'd never seen anything quite like it before — and I had to have one. So I bought one upon my return to the States, and continued to use the device for the next five years.

Thus began my lifetime love affair with gadgets.

I still have that old Casio BOSS somewhere in a closet. Nowadays, though, I prefer doing my "business organizer system scheduling" on my iPad :)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.