All iPads New iPad Leather Smart Case - Damaged

Divingbirdie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
I used Saphir black shoe polish on my black leather smart case after I accidentally spilled a few drops of isoprophy alcohol on it, thinking it might help to protect the leather as it did for my shoes.

It turned out REALLY bad. The case looks like it had been used for years.

Anyway to save it? Perhaps use a good leather cleaner and re-condition it with some cream-based conditioner?

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
I used Saphir black shoe polish on my black leather smart case after I accidentally spilled a few drops of isoprophy alcohol on it, thinking it might help to protect the leather as it did for my shoes.

Anyway to save it? Perhaps use a good leather cleaner and re-condition it with some cream-based conditioner?
Photo?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007

You should have just bought a leather protectant at TrakAuto. Shoe polish? I would never put that on delicate leather.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
If you really hate the current look, try to clean it with leather cleaner or saddle soap and then follow with a good conditioner. At this point, what do you have to lose?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.