New iPad Logitech KeyboardSlim Case: Killer Case? vs. ZaggFolio and Adonit Writer Pl

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Lenow, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Lenow macrumors member

I just pre ordered the new Logitech Slim Keyboard case. It looks like a killer case that addresses the biggest issues for keyboard cases: weight, bulk, ease of use, simple detachment for use of naked iPad.

I have tried the ZaggFolio and am waiting for the Adonit Writer Plus for the new iPad. My wife has the writer plus for the iPad 2 so I can make some comments.

1. ZaggFolio: It is certainly solid and a great protective case. It works. The keyboard is easy to use even for my rather large hands and it works everytime. What I don't like is the weight and bulk and, frankly, plastic feeling. The iPad is not easy or quick to remove form the case and slides in and really sticks in. Just hard enough to pull out that it is a little inconvenient. You can only use the keyboard in the wide format, which I don't like for reading. My first delivery did not have the corrected magnet for shutting the ipad off and on and they are sending a replacement for me to try. A good case, but enough I don't like to want to explore others.

2. Adonit Writer Plus: This is a really well designed case. It feels lighter and less bulky, although I haven't weighed them to be sure. The iPad pops in and out with a single finger push and pops in easily. You can set the angle to different angles as long as the weight doesn't make it fall. The keyboard works as well as the ZaggFolio and it also works everytime without any fuss.

3. The New Logitech: I haven't received it yet, but it looks like a great and clever solution. It clips onto the iPad when you carry it around with magnets as a cover for the front. I like this becuase I have a great Gelskin picture on the back of my dogs. The iPad fits into a groove like the Zagg keyboard (not the Folio) so you can use it vertically or horizontally. I can't speak to the keyboard's funtionality until it arrives. Here is the link to the video and the link below that to the website. I will write more when it arrives.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zsIJUiTlrGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/table...ces/ultrathin-keyboard-cover?WT.ac=ps|9859|hp

2. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I ended up taking by my Zaggfolio, but I found the fit perfect and it slid in and out of the case with ease. You also could remove both the iPad and Keyboard from case at which point it'd basically be the new logitech keyboard.

I do like the new keyboard by logitech, but I'd like some protection as well.

3. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I agree with you about the Zaggfolio. I too am waiting for the new Writer Plus (I ordered mine when it went on sale but they apparently ran out before they got to my order so I am on back order). I am hoping that that will be a lot better overall and especially lighter and less bulky than the Zagg. This new case looks great too however I just don't know what I would do to protect the back on the iPad with this "case". I don't see it offering much if any protection. I also don't like that just like with the Zagg, you can only put the iPad at one angle when typing. This is what I am really looking forward to with the Writer Plus.

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Geez, I didn't think there would be a case to tempt me away from my Logitech flip out case*....

...but I'll wait a bit to see if Best Buy will get it in stock first.

*And yes, it works in my new iPad, thank you very much.