iPad mini New iPad Mini 2 only has 16GB or 32GB Options

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Plutonius, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Check out the Apple store. You can only get an Apple Mini 2 with 16GB or 32GB of storage.

2. macduke Suspended

macduke

That's because it's the previous model. The only difference between it and the 3, however, are TouchID.

3. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

Looking at the refurb section of the Apple store, I see the previous model could be bought with 64GB storage. Unless they made a mistake in the Apple store when you go to purchase a new iPad Mini 2, it looks like Apple is no longer making a 64GB iPad Mini 2.

4. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

They also used to do 128GB.

5. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

I wonder if they are just trying to clear out the 16/32GB iPad Mini 2 before discontinuing them or are they trying to get people to buy the iPad Mini 3 if they want a rMini with more storage ?

6. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

I think the later. I don't think they would give a product a new tier if they plan to discontinue it very soon. I think it would be more likely they remove the 1st Gen mini. That really shouldn't be on sale. It's an iPad 2!

7. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

This has always been the case. They have actually been more generous this year than they have been in the past as usually they would only offer the smallest amount of storage. But yes if you want more storage you either have to find a referb or buy the latest version.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Some stores may still have stock of 64 or 128GB rminis to sell. But I would imagine they will sell out quick.

9. KPOM macrumors G5

My guess is that the 1st gen mini is gone in February, and the mini 2 gets a price adjustment to $249 at that time. The tech press will all be focused on the Apple Watch, and perhaps the 12.9" iPad that may be released about that time, so it would be a good time to make such a move.

10. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Apple always holds out higher storage options from older devices that they continue to sell new: happens with the iPhones too. The iPhone 5S is available only in 16GB and 32GB; whereas the iPhone 5C is only available in an atrocious 8GB.

11. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

Yes. That would be a perfect time to get rid of the 1st Gen Mini. That'll give people who want to buy one over Christmas the opportunity to and then discontinue it. That would make the iPad line more simple.

iPad Pro
    iPad Air 2
    iPad Air
    iPad Mini 3
    iPad mini 2

12. 617aircav Suspended

What's an iPad pro?

----------

No it won't get a price adjustment again.

13. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

The new 12/13' iPad which is heavily rumoured for early 2015.

14. 617aircav Suspended

Do you mean the same one rumored for 2014?

15. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No idea if the Pro will actually happen, but if you are right this makes the lineup as complex as it is currently -- you still have 5 models to choose from. To make the lineup simpler, you need to decrease the number of models.

16. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

I agree, I would prefer

iPad Pro
    iPad Air
    iPad mini

as the 3 lines. But, that lineup would mean Apple sells one of each, and a previous version (except pro).

It's good to have low entry points but selling a A5 device in 2014/15 is pretty bad.