iPad New iPad Mini on 6.0.1

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I bought a new Mini today and it is on 6.0.1. Is there anything worth jailbreaking for if it can be?

On my 4S, the only reasons I JB is to instal iBlacklist and 3G Unrestrictor.

If I ever need to download a large app or song, I could always use the hotspot feature on my Nexus 4. Not sure what else there could be to add.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I bought a new Mini today and it is on 6.0.1. Is there anything worth jailbreaking for if it can be?

If I ever need to download a large app or song, I could always use the hotspot feature on my Nexus 4. Not sure what else there could be to add.

f.lux
etc.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA

Jailbreak it...research some tweaks/try them out...play with it for few days...and if you still do not find it useful, restore it to the latest OS.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Honestly, if you have to ask why you should jailbreak an iPad, then you might as well just use it stock. :(
Well, I never owned an iPad before. I always heard people say there were so few choices in Cydia for iPads and some people thought it wasn't worth it.

This is why I am asking before I do something I may regret by upgrading the iOS. I never thought I would get a new iPad that could be jailbroken at this late date.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Well, I never owned an iPad before. I always heard people say there were so few choices in Cydia for iPads and some people thought it wasn't worth it.

This is why I am asking before I do something I may regret by upgrading the iOS. I never thought I would get a new iPad that could be jailbroken at this late date.
Do NOT upgrade yet. Get f.lux at least. You'll love it.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Most iphone tweaks work for ipad aswell.

Do some research and you will find enough reasons to jb.

DatRippelEffect

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
Bronx, New York
lucky man. i tried exchanging 4 times at different stores and got 6.1.3 everytime. probably shouldn't of opted to get the 16gb one though lol. probably woulda had better luck with the 32 or 64. o well only got it to hold me off till ipad 5/mini 2

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
A must have for iPad now is Auxo iPad. Love it!
I'll look it up, thanks!

----------

lucky man. i tried exchanging 4 times at different stores and got 6.1.3 everytime. probably shouldn't of opted to get the 16gb one though lol. probably woulda had better luck with the 32 or 64. o well only got it to hold me off till ipad 5/mini 2
I bought mine at Micro Center if that makes a difference.