iPad mini New iPad Mini sluggish

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Maurier, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Maurier macrumors regular

First off sorry for my english.
    I recently purchased an ipad air while waiting for the ipad mini retina to come out.
    I tryed it for a few days and returned it after I experienced several crushes wile browsing on safari and apparantly other are experiencing them has well.
    Then the ipad mini came out and i had to buy it, I figured maybe I had a lemon with the ipad air.
    Now I'm sitting here browsing away on my ipad mini trying to love it since I play order and chaos online and my main accounts are on ios and there is no way I'm starting all over on android.
    I haven't experienced any more crushes wile browsing since I reset the ipad but it's not 100% Since I only used it for about 5 hours since the reset. My major complaint is that it feels sluggish.
    Maybe another lemon ? a mini lemon this time?
    A few examples of what I mean....If i go into settings and I'm on any tab when I change to the wallpaper tab I have a 1+second delay before it opens it. Also when running most apps or even browsing on safari as soon as I exit by tapping the home button there we go again with that delay. Wile browsing in the app store when i click on an app to read the descrption I always get some lag but if I click to maximize the pictures the lag gets really bad and when tilting to portray the picture in landscape mode there is like a 2 second delay and the frame rate is extremely choppy.
    If I do a search on google and the results have at least 3 to 4 videos scrolling up and down is very sluggish.
    Is it just me or is this the norm now? My girlfriend iphone 5 is smooth and snappy what gives?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Your difficulties could be related to bugs in iOS 7 rather than hardware related.

3. Mactroki macrumors member

One of my managers taught me never to apologize for my English! Furthermore yours seems excellent (to me at least!).

4. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

Are you able to compare it to another iPad? It shouldn't be choppy, or lag when changing orientation. My rMini came did not come with iOS 7.0.4, so try another reset and update. I am reading your post more carefully, and you said the lag occurs while viewing apps in the App Store. I have one app that sometimes refuses to change orientation unless I tilt the iPad back to portrait, and then to landscape. How is the transition when viewing the home screen?

Worst case scenario, exchange it for another.....