iPad mini New iPad Mini upgrade question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sosinsurr, Oct 22, 2013.

1. sosinsurr macrumors regular

I just bought the now "old" iPad Mini 16 days ago...passed the 14 day window from apple. And now they announce the new badass iPad Mini today.

Last time this happened, Apple allowed people to go into the store and turn their iPad in for the new one if you just bought the old one.

Do you think the same will apply here? Cause I'm rather pissed off now I just dropped $460 for a now old model.

2. Klae17 macrumors 6502a

Klae17

That would be your fault. You knew this event was going to happen if you are on these forums.

3. sosinsurr thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, you're so much help. Thanks for answering the question asshat.

4. RDAR macrumors 6502

That would be your fault. You knew this event was going to happen if you are on these forums.

5. Klae17 macrumors 6502a

Klae17

Welcome. Good luck!!!

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

Insulting people isn't going to help you get the advice you're looking for to be honest. Whilst the event wasn't announced that far back the rumours have been pretty strong for a while that new iPads would likely be announced around this time. In all honesty it is your fault and you should have provably waited a little longer.

7. Tork macrumors regular

Tork

His/her answer was not really that disrespectful at all given that you're a "macrumors regular" here. Your response, on the other hand...

You missed the 14-day return window and, as is the case with any store with a return policy anywhere, there's nothing you can do. You wouldn't even have the chance to "swap" until some unknown date in November when the new mini comes out, and they're not going to let you return your current one for cash back 16 days out. Make it a lesson to, at the very least, google a product before dropping that much money on it. You would've immediately seen that a new mini was just around the corner.

8. sleepyking macrumors 6502

Sorry this made me laugh. But if you are a regular on these forums you likely should have known of today's announcement.

But, I suggest you go to your store ASAP and see if they're gracious enough to at least give you some store credit

9. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

go to the apple store ASAP and they will most likely let you get a new one. I had the iPad 3 for 21 days and they let me get a iPad 4. My friend got his at best buy and was not so lucky.:D

10. Altis macrumors 68020

If it's any consolation, the 1st gen still goes for $299/$399... you should be able to get most of your money back on resale if it means enough to you.

I feel your pain a little... I am 1 week out of the window to get all the iLife and iWorks apps free on my Macbook Air. :(

11. mrmarts macrumors 65816

Lmao funny thread the Retina iPad Mini rumours has been gathering momentum here since as early as May i think, go easy if i am wrong. Next time you should Google Apples upcoming events or rumoured release dates. You have little chance of returning that Mini for a refund, it was your bad call. But your not at a loss the Mini is still a great device enjoy it.

12. 2010lexus macrumors member

What he asked

You know all you ********** he didn't ask if it was his fault or not.

13. NuggetSauce macrumors regular

You could list it on eBay ASAP and there will probably be bidders who are unaware of the new mini.

Not much else you can do aside from selling it, or be content with keeping it. I doubt Apple will be giving out credit.