New iPad mini with yellow cast

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BradOntCa, Nov 18, 2013.

1. BradOntCa macrumors member

Sep 13, 2010
    Hey everyone. I just got a new Ipad mini and I'm noticing a yellow cast from the screen, I'm also seeing light bleeding at the bottom of the screen from 2 different spots (noticed it last night while using it in a dark room) I paid $475.00 Canadian after tax for this 16GB Ipad and it's going back tomorrow as this is not acceptable, has anyone else taken a good look at their screens for off white balance problems or light bleeding? I still enjoy my Ipod touch and wanted the larger screen to play games and use as a photo album but I'm not going to be doing either now after discovering this. What a shame. Why don't they put a control to adjust the screen colors to taste or take the time to make things right in the first place?
  2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

Sep 23, 2013
    Upstate, NY
    There are other complaints about this issue. The iPad standard forum has a thread on it, I think. Exchanging it is the right course of action. There are some that feel that the mini screen does cast a different tint than the iPad Air screen does though. Light bleed is NOT cool either.

Get a new one.

As for other video controls...yeah, it'd be nice but aint gonna happen.