New iPad - Minimum brightness level?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GekkePrutser, Mar 16, 2012.

1. GekkePrutser macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

Just wondering to anyone who has the new iPad - Could you please compare the minimum brightness level to the iPad 1 or 2?

I'm hoping you can turn it down a bit more than the iPad 2 (and 1) screen. I find it way too bright at night when I'm reading something with a white background.

I know some apps have their own extra brightness control and I personally use a jailbreak fix to make the colours darker to extend the brightness range. But it would be great if it would do it on its own now :) Especially as there probably won't be a jailbreak for a while.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Click the home button three tiems and the background color reverses for night use!

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

On the iPad 2 its an option you set in Settings > General > Accessibility > Triple-Click-the-Home-Button.

FWIW, I could always go a little bit darker than the System Minimum by using the brightness slider in iBooks.

4. GekkePrutser thread starter macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

I know about the inverse but it's not very nice to read, I just want it darker :) Overwise all pictures are negative.

There's an app that just puts a grey overlay over the screen, unfortunately it requires a jailbreak.

I'd really appreciate some comments from an iPad 3 owner!

5. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

It's always dismayed me that "White on Black" is just a negative image.

I LOVE the looks of the text of White On Black but HATE that it makes a negative of all images. (icons included)

Mike

6. Cory Bauer macrumors 6502a

The iPad (3rd generation)'s minimum brightness settings drastically darker than the orginal iPad. I imagine it's an unexpected side effect of how much more light they have to push through the retina display to reach the same maximum brightness, but it sure is a lot nicer for nighttime reading :)