Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
Just Apple, please just announce the iPads so this can be over finally.
You prefer the “What to expect of the 2nd-gen OLED iPad Pros” or the “OLED rumored to come to the iPad Air as early as 2029” articles?

NagasakiGG

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2017
I dont care for Hardware Updates for iPads anymore.

I want better Software, which can replace my Macbook Pro. Without that, i will never buy an iPad.
True, like you can feel a difference between an A14X, M1 or M2 iPad nowadays. I think i(Pad)OS is the limiting factor here tbh

Reactions: AppZ.Zero

Moleyman69

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
IMG_0632.jpeg

Pics or it didn’t happen. ;)
Sure, no problem.

lenger

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2024
Since it’s only two models, it might be just the Airs and not the Pros, due to OLED yield issues.
I'm looking to buy my first iPad, have been holding out for the updated iPad Air.
Although I'll survive a May release, I hope this registration means the launch of the Airs is around the corner.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
Yep - and that was after it went flying across the garden a couple of times (which didn't damage it at all :) )

Seriously though, it was so frustrating. It would miss letters when typing, wouldn't scroll up/down sometimes, wouldn't always pinch/zoom. Tried resetting etc, found threads online with the same issue but no proper solutions.
No proper solutions… Like maybe seeing if there was an actual physical problem with your screen?
You know, after you tossed it around the garden a couple times?

Biro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2012
Please hurry up and get these out the door.

I miss my iPad Air after it got smashed over my knee due to several years of frustration with the unresponsive screen issue - oddly, it was one of the more satisfying moments of my life, too.

Just as an observation to iPads hardiness- it took several attempts across my knee to get it to complete smash.
Hey… I had a similar episode - for the same reason - with an 11-inch iPad Pro. After my knee didn’t work, the edge of a coffee table did. 😉 But the device still worked enough to allow me to wipe it clean of any data before trashing it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: G5isAlive

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
Nothing other than a new Mini is “likely” to be introduced this year. Assuming that happens, it deserves nothing less than a 3nm processor.
Last rumor is that it would get the A17 and an improved LCD display.

Reactions: Biro

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
Yep - and that was after it went flying across the garden a couple of times (which didn't damage it at all :) )

Seriously though, it was so frustrating. It would miss letters when typing, wouldn't scroll up/down sometimes, wouldn't always pinch/zoom. Tried resetting etc, found threads online with the same issue but no proper solutions.
You do realise Applecare is available?

I hope you at least got it recycled after smashing it up.

manhattanmania

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2007
If they show up in the regulatory database already, then they will be released this month and not next month.
Agreed. This was my suspicion even prior to this news. Announce/preorders in April with customers receiving them in early May.

In 2021 for the M1 iPad Pro it was announce April 20, preorders that Friday, availability “2nd half of May”

JippaLippa

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2013
Very curious!
It'd be good to see some redesign elements, beyond the oled display.

mevans7

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2009
Ive never seen such desperation for a new product…. Are you guys like this for new washing machine model releases 😀

Its just an ipad… its a tablet. Not a life saving drug or device 🤣
My Air 2 is on its last legs!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.