iPad New iPad next week?

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Do you think Apple are playing slow the rumours and they will surprise is. It's old skool Apple to have few leaks and the rumours point to an ipad full size being ready only recent rumours say production starts in July.

Who is so say they don't have a few million ready to ship with production increasing in July?

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Next week is Iphone budget.

There are just too many rumors and pictures for it not to be real.

sim0n

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2013
they might not release any new devices at the conference, it might just be focused on ios 7 and software development....

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
I would be surprised if they came out with any new IOS devices till IOS7 is ready, or close to it. But they could surprise us!

I do however think we will be seeing some upgraded laptops, and maybe even a new mac pro.

To be honest what I would really like is a new TB display that has the same slim look of the 27" iMac.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
WWDC:
iOS 7 and OS X previews. - previews which means beta testing and off a ways. iOS probably late August at the earliest, most likely September to early November at the latest. OS X probably anywhere from October to March.

Also, hardware, any notebook refreshes, possibly Mac Pro.

Outside of that they could preview iPhone 5S, but I doubt it. iPhone 5S will be released to coincide with iOS 7 and they won't want that much lead time on the new phone. Probably an August - September event 3-5 weeks prior to shipping.

iPad refreshes will probably be announced at the same event as the iPhone and available shortly before, same time, or shortly after depending on production schedules for iPhone and iPad.

Don't expect any new iOS devices next week or even a preview of them with loose ship dates. Too far out and too much beta testing lead time needed for iOS 7.

scupking

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2010
The i devices will come out in the fall. Next week will be OSX, preview of iOS7, laptops, mac pro and maybe mac mini.

halduauthor

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2013
Cook said no "new" products till the fall. That is a little ambiguous, but I'm going to vote that we don't see anything like a 5s or new ipad until at least september, WWDC will focus on software

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008
Cook said no "new" products till the fall. That is a little ambiguous, but I'm going to vote that we don't see anything like a 5s or new ipad until at least september, WWDC will focus on software
No he didn't.He said he was exited about products coming in the fall and later.There is a difference.
There may be something before then,it was explicitly NOT ruled out.
Of course nobody knows based on some ambiguous statements.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Do you think Apple are playing slow the rumours and they will surprise is. It's old skool Apple to have few leaks and the rumours point to an ipad full size being ready only recent rumours say production starts in July.

Who is so say they don't have a few million ready to ship with production increasing in July?
Slim to unlikely. It makes more sense for them to do all new iOS hardware with or just after the new iOS.

But it's not impossible.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
No he didn't.He said he was exited about products coming in the fall and later.There is a difference.
There may be something before then,it was explicitly NOT ruled out.
Of course nobody knows based on some ambiguous statements.
What he actually said to put this to rest...

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Google-Edition-expansion-Sony-Xperia-Z-may-be-next-who-else-needs-in_id43712

During the call, Tim Cook said, "Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software and services we can’t wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014." It isn't a complete admission, but Apple never really says exactly what is going on

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
There is no way Apple is going to release Macbooks, iOS, OS X, iRadio, Time Capsules, Airport Utility thingies, AND iPads in the same event.

The iPad is simply too huge not to have a separate event for just the iPad and Mini.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
There is no way Apple is going to release Macbooks, iOS, OS X, iRadio, Time Capsules, Airport Utility thingies, AND iPads in the same event.

The iPad is simply too huge not to have a separate event for just the iPad and Mini.
They might not release all of them at WWDC.

They could release everything but the software silently. Just have it show up when the site reboots after WWDC.

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
They might not release all of them at WWDC.

They could release everything but the software silently. Just have it show up when the site reboots after WWDC.
Apple passing on the chance to advertise something new like iRadio or the newest MacBooks at their biggest event? No.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Apple passing on the chance to advertise something new like iRadio or the newest MacBooks at their biggest event? No.
It's Apple's event. They can and will do what they want. If they don't think that the updated MacBooks are worth spending time, and they might feel that, they won't. Folks will be watching the online store like mad if it goes down. And every site like this will post 50 articles about the site being down and when it is back up and the changes.

And iRadio might not be something for now anyway, if it even exists. This could be another thin iPhone 4S

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
It's Apple's event. They can and will do what they want. If they don't think that the updated MacBooks are worth spending time, and they might feel that, they won't. Folks will be watching the online store like mad if it goes down. And every site like this will post 50 articles about the site being down and when it is back up and the changes.

And iRadio might not be something for now anyway, if it even exists. This could be another thin iPhone 4S
The problem with your opinion is it's wrong.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
I would be surprised if they came out with any new IOS devices till IOS7 is ready, or close to it. But they could surprise us!

I do however think we will be seeing some upgraded laptops, and maybe even a new mac pro.

To be honest what I would really like is a new TB display that has the same slim look of the 27" iMac.
Mac Pro was pretty much confirmed by Apple due to the fact they can't sell the old ones in Europe anymore due to some new regulations. They originally said spring but that was obviously delayed so quite likely at WWDC.

hockeyfanatic

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2011
Refreshed products aren't "new". They're "updated". :D