iPad New iPad next week?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Jun 4, 2013.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Do you think Apple are playing slow the rumours and they will surprise is. It's old skool Apple to have few leaks and the rumours point to an ipad full size being ready only recent rumours say production starts in July.

Who is so say they don't have a few million ready to ship with production increasing in July?

2. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Next week is Iphone budget.

There are just too many rumors and pictures for it not to be real.

3. sim0n macrumors member

they might not release any new devices at the conference, it might just be focused on ios 7 and software development....

4. simply stunning macrumors regular

I would be surprised if they came out with any new IOS devices till IOS7 is ready, or close to it. But they could surprise us!

I do however think we will be seeing some upgraded laptops, and maybe even a new mac pro.

To be honest what I would really like is a new TB display that has the same slim look of the 27" iMac.

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

WWDC:
    iOS 7 and OS X previews. - previews which means beta testing and off a ways. iOS probably late August at the earliest, most likely September to early November at the latest. OS X probably anywhere from October to March.

Also, hardware, any notebook refreshes, possibly Mac Pro.

Outside of that they could preview iPhone 5S, but I doubt it. iPhone 5S will be released to coincide with iOS 7 and they won't want that much lead time on the new phone. Probably an August - September event 3-5 weeks prior to shipping.

iPad refreshes will probably be announced at the same event as the iPhone and available shortly before, same time, or shortly after depending on production schedules for iPhone and iPad.

Don't expect any new iOS devices next week or even a preview of them with loose ship dates. Too far out and too much beta testing lead time needed for iOS 7.

6. scupking macrumors 6502a

The i devices will come out in the fall. Next week will be OSX, preview of iOS7, laptops, mac pro and maybe mac mini.

7. halduauthor macrumors newbie

Cook said no "new" products till the fall. That is a little ambiguous, but I'm going to vote that we don't see anything like a 5s or new ipad until at least september, WWDC will focus on software

8. paparainbow macrumors newbie

iphone and ipad will have a special keynote dedicated, this is ios-central.

9. E.Lizardo macrumors 65816

No he didn't.He said he was exited about products coming in the fall and later.There is a difference.
    There may be something before then,it was explicitly NOT ruled out.
    Of course nobody knows based on some ambiguous statements.

10. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Slim to unlikely. It makes more sense for them to do all new iOS hardware with or just after the new iOS.

But it's not impossible.

11. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

What he actually said to put this to rest...

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Goog...peria-Z-may-be-next-who-else-needs-in_id43712

During the call, Tim Cook said, "Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software and services we can’t wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014." It isn't a complete admission, but Apple never really says exactly what is going on

12. E.Lizardo macrumors 65816

Thanks for proving my point!

13. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

There is no way Apple is going to release Macbooks, iOS, OS X, iRadio, Time Capsules, Airport Utility thingies, AND iPads in the same event.

The iPad is simply too huge not to have a separate event for just the iPad and Mini.

14. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

They might not release all of them at WWDC.

They could release everything but the software silently. Just have it show up when the site reboots after WWDC.

15. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

Apple passing on the chance to advertise something new like iRadio or the newest MacBooks at their biggest event? No.

16. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

It's Apple's event. They can and will do what they want. If they don't think that the updated MacBooks are worth spending time, and they might feel that, they won't. Folks will be watching the online store like mad if it goes down. And every site like this will post 50 articles about the site being down and when it is back up and the changes.

And iRadio might not be something for now anyway, if it even exists. This could be another thin iPhone 4S

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think this is the most likely scenario.

18. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

The problem with your opinion is it's wrong.

19. Samtb macrumors 65816

Mac Pro was pretty much confirmed by Apple due to the fact they can't sell the old ones in Europe anymore due to some new regulations. They originally said spring but that was obviously delayed so quite likely at WWDC.

20. hockeyfanatic macrumors member

Refreshed products aren't "new". They're "updated". :D