New iPad not charging

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PeachPie, Jul 22, 2012.

1. PeachPie macrumors newbie

I've had my iPad for a few months now and suddenly it's developed charging problems.

It keep it plugged in most of the time, but lately it has just stopped charging (the symbol shows battery instead of plugged) and the battery level goes down. Have tried restarting, shutting apps, different chargers, cables, etc. No luck.

Anyone else having the same problem?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Make sure to check your cable closely, sometimes they separate from the connector at the end

If your cables are fine, I would take it in to the Apple Store and have them evaluate it

3. PeachPie thread starter macrumors newbie

Cables are fine. Only use original Apple cables and they work fine when charging other devices like my iPhone.

This is odd. Sometimes it's charging and stops. After some fiddling it might begin charging again. I'm thinking it might be some sort of loose connection.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I had the same problem. It turned out my Apple cable was plugged into a power strip and the connection at the power strip was the problem. Try unplugging all connections from the iPad to the wall and reconnecting.

5. Shamil macrumors newbie

check your cable.try charging it using other charger?maybe your charger problem.if still the same,should be your iPad.