New Ipad Nova 3 Lag

Dima470

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
West Sacramento, CA
Nova 3 just came out and it is supposed to have an awesome game engine with incredible gameplay. I love the game it is great. But the lags are pissing me off. Is this because the new iPad can't handle the game engine? Is it the same on the iPad 2? Nova 2 is much smoother on my iPad and has little to no lag at all. Anyone else experiencing this? it is REALLY noticable.

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
Nova 3 just came out and it is supposed to have an awesome game engine with incredible gameplay. I love the game it is great. But the lags are pissing me off. Is this because the new iPad can't handle the game engine? Is it the same on the iPad 2? Nova 2 is much smoother on my iPad and has little to no lag at all. Anyone else experiencing this? it is REALLY noticable.
You really should try working this out with Gameloft.

Furifo

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2010
I can confirm that Nova 3 runs smooth as silk and looks amazing on my iPad 2. My housemate with a new iPad has also been experiencing lag issues similar to yours when playing the game..

Sorry you're having issues with your new device - here's hoping gameloft tweak the game to get it running smooth on the new iPad.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
I've heard of it lagging, and though I am disappointed because I bought the iPad 3 with its boasted 4 core graphics so I could play, and quote "console quality games", I admit, the retina is worth it for the games that don't push the a5x to its limits.

elmz

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2008
We all know that Nova 3 looks better on the iPad 2 only because of a few eye candy effects. Is there actually side by side comparisons(via youtube)showing the iPad 2 is getting better fps?

CandyNJ66

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
USA
Gameloft has said they are going to release an update allowing us new iPad users a way to play the game in a lower resolution so we can see the special effects that only iPad 2 owners can currently see. This update will hopefully eliminate lag

aleni

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2006
3d heavy games like this should have an option to run it on non-retina resolution, coz if we want retina resolution with games like this, we need to wait at least until the next iPad.