New Ipad Nova 3 Lag

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dima470, May 20, 2012.

1. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

Nova 3 just came out and it is supposed to have an awesome game engine with incredible gameplay. I love the game it is great. But the lags are pissing me off. Is this because the new iPad can't handle the game engine? Is it the same on the iPad 2? Nova 2 is much smoother on my iPad and has little to no lag at all. Anyone else experiencing this? it is REALLY noticable.

2. noteple macrumors 65816

You really should try working this out with Gameloft.

3. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I was thinking about buying.. I still own my iPad 2 so if I download on both I will compare and let ya know

4. Furifo macrumors 6502

I can confirm that Nova 3 runs smooth as silk and looks amazing on my iPad 2. My housemate with a new iPad has also been experiencing lag issues similar to yours when playing the game..

Sorry you're having issues with your new device - here's hoping gameloft tweak the game to get it running smooth on the new iPad.

5. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I've heard of it lagging, and though I am disappointed because I bought the iPad 3 with its boasted 4 core graphics so I could play, and quote "console quality games", I admit, the retina is worth it for the games that don't push the a5x to its limits.

6. elmz macrumors regular

We all know that Nova 3 looks better on the iPad 2 only because of a few eye candy effects. Is there actually side by side comparisons(via youtube)showing the iPad 2 is getting better fps?

7. CandyNJ66 macrumors regular

Gameloft has said they are going to release an update allowing us new iPad users a way to play the game in a lower resolution so we can see the special effects that only iPad 2 owners can currently see. This update will hopefully eliminate lag

8. aleni macrumors 68020

3d heavy games like this should have an option to run it on non-retina resolution, coz if we want retina resolution with games like this, we need to wait at least until the next iPad.