New iPad now or wait for 2g iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Aadhil, Jun 24, 2010.

  1. Aadhil macrumors regular

    Aug 4, 2009
    Should I buy one now or wait till August when Apple revises the iPads specs? I'm thinking my iPhone 4 can hold me till August :eek:
  2. eVolcre macrumors 65816


    Jan 7, 2003
    What makes you think the iPad will be revised in August? It was JUST released, sales are through the roof and there are still more countries to be rolled out.

  3. ouimetnick macrumors 68020


    Aug 28, 2008
    Beverly, Massachusetts
    The iPad will be released in other countries in August. A new one isn't coming out in August. I would wait, as I don't really need one. I would rather own an iPhone 4 than an iPad. But you can buy now. The iPad will probably be refreshed in January or April.
  4. mprofit macrumors regular


    Aug 4, 2009
    I think your decision should be based on two points. First, do you believe you have an immediate need/practical use for an iPad? And two, would the inclusion of features likely to appear in iPad v2 make you regret your purchase when v2 is announced?

    In your situation, an iPhone 4 may negate the 'immediate need' of an iPad until a second version is released. Sure, an iPad still has many advantages over even the newest iPhone, but being able to play with Apple's 'newest' technology could be enough for now. You're getting iOS 4 with the newest bells and whistles, that alone would be enough for me.

    As far as version 2 is concerned, consider what features are likely to headline the next iPad. Obviously no one knows for sure, but you can speculate. In my mind, iPad 2 will come in 32, 64 and 128 GB versions, will have more RAM (possibly 512 MB, like iPhone 4, or maybe more), a better graphics card, and a camera with FaceTime capability. Of course, I could be way off. What you should do is decide if features like these are worth waiting for. If they are, you should also consider whether you're willing to forego another seven months without an iPad, if you think you have a need for it.

    Hope this helps.
  5. MrWillie macrumors 65816


    Apr 29, 2010
    Starlite Starbrite Trailer Court
    Now. Since you already have an iPhone, a wifi only model will suffice. If ver 2 comes out a year from now with revolutionary updates, there is no reason for regret, you will have enjoyed your iPad for a year, and still could enjoy even without buy rev 2.
  6. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

    Apr 2, 2010
    Why even post this? You obviously don't want one.
  7. MacVDS macrumors regular

    Nov 14, 2007
    Philomath Oregeon
  8. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

    Jan 28, 2008
  9. hcho3 macrumors 68030

    May 13, 2010
    Huh? Where did you get an idea that ipad will be revised by August? I hope you are not getting mixed up with ipad and imac. Apple always update their products one by one, so they do not hurt each other's sales. So, since apple just updated iphone, it's time to focus back on Mac OS. Apple really needs to update macbook air, imac and mac pro. Those are due for updates in August, September and October along with ipods.

    I don't think ipad is getting update this year. This year you can expect iOS 4 on ipad and maybe maybe a price drop, but I am not sure.
  10. richpjr macrumors 68030


    May 9, 2006
    As has been posted, there will be no new iPad released in August so pick one up now.
  11. hcho3 macrumors 68030

    May 13, 2010
    I say there won't be new ipad for at least 6 months. It's up to you. Want to wait or jump in? Up to you. I am waiting for Gen 2.
  12. mlomeli macrumors member

    Feb 26, 2010
    My iPad will end up going to my wife. I'll get the new iPad. I just bought her a new MBP, so...she'll be happy, I'll be happy...:)
  13. richpjr macrumors 68030


    May 9, 2006
    I'll do the same whenever the next gen comes out!
  14. Jaro65 macrumors 68040


    Mar 27, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I originally thought of doing the same. Though I'm sure glad I didn't. :)
  15. nj-mac-user macrumors 6502


    Jun 1, 2009
    New Jersey
    Definitely. Or even 6th gen, that one should be even better.
  16. 3goldens macrumors 68000


    Feb 26, 2008
    iPad wont be revised for a year, do whatever feels right and feels good!
  17. leomac08 macrumors 68020


    Jul 12, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    August?!!!!!!!!! Haha that's new and a first.....just wait till the 7 generation iPad. Cmon! It's just came out!:eek:
  18. Batt macrumors 65816


    Dec 17, 2007
    Syracuse, NY
    Nope. iPad Pro, 4th Gen, due (in my opinion) October '10.
  19. MRU macrumors demi-god


    Aug 23, 2005
    God these threads are getting tiresome.

    Apple will not be releasing a new iPad anytime soon.

    I think we need an auto ban / timeout for any more new threads created from posters whining about rev 2 refresh or 512mb of memory. They should at least be auto wastelanded.

Share This Page