new iPad on-screen keyboard clicks but fails to enter text

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by raholland, Mar 24, 2012.

1. raholland macrumors member

raholland

Hi all,

I searched the forums and couldn't find a similar thread.

I am new to the iPad, and I am using my new "new iPad." I do a lot of text entry, mainly in Safari, but in other apps as well.

Occasionally, I will touch a text box, the keyboard pops up on the screen and I begin to type, but the cursor remains in place. I hear the clicking sound from typing, but no text appears, and none of the virtual keys do anything.

If I touch the button to make the keyboard disappear and then touch elsewhere in the same text box, it usually works.

Anyone else have this problem? Any idea of what a solution might be?

Thanks!

2. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

Can't say I see that happen but touch screen kboards have their drawbacks . Usually my sounds are off. A click sound should represent a sure press on that key. I have many times had to concentrate on my key strikes as not to skip anything.
    It's possible yours might have a glitch. Get AppleStore advise if you feel it's not the normal expectation.

3. elmo151 Guest

reboot(turn it off, wait a few minutes, and turn it on again)

asso v
    check thru yr general settings

4. raholland thread starter macrumors member

raholland

Thanks. I did that a couple of times. My next step is to "Restore."

I am also having trouble with copy / paste. I select and copy one word, but then I paste and it pastes the whole paragraph!