New iPad Owner with some Q's

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ender land, Sep 13, 2011.

1. ender land macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone,

I've been considering getting an iPad for a while now, as I am a graduate student, and it would be super nice to have a "work computer" (my mbp) and a "personal computer" (the new iPad). I also have been wanting an e-reader for several months.

Since using it, I've got some questions though :)

First, what are some "must have" free apps? I have dropbox, pandora, kindle, ibooks, and evernote - what other sorts of apps are there that are free which are great? I have not really been able to find any threads here which are discussing this - if there is an easy answer to this feel free to link me to it, all I've been able to find online is in general older posts and nothing on this forum.

Second, is there any way to make 1Password work nicely with my mbp and my iPad? I now have really complex passwords for all my internet websites and really don't want to type in random characters for every site I want to check on the iPad. Is there any way to make this play nice? Or am I going to not use Safari and instead some other app with 1Pass as a browser? I'm not entirely sure how this works on the iPad.

Another question - is there a good google doc reader app?

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

The 1Password universal app (iPhone and iPad) has a browser built in, if you want to use it. Personally, I memorize passwords for the sites I visit daily, and just copy/paste from the 1Password app for the rest.

3. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

LogMeIn is a great app that I use almost everyday. It is expensive but well worth the money.

4. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

i think he wants to know about free apps.

log me in its very good, i find my self using it very often while im out home. when im in the house if use a lot splashtop streamer, its like carrying my mac on my hands(ipad)

also use a lot, pages, numbers, printer pro, penultimate...all this because of work...

for reading i use iannotate, or pdf reader.

for photo i use a lot retouch,photoforge, ps express...

5. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

For reading pdf's and other files I'd recommend good reader it's 4.99$ I don't own an iPad but it seems like it would be great for reading PDF's and other documents. This is also handy if you scan lots of documents. I like Mobile RSS to keep track of my RSS feeds it's like a mobile version of Google Reader.