New IPAD owner

Discussion in 'iPad' started by merics, Aug 23, 2010.

1. merics macrumors member

On Sunday, I picked up my new 64G 3G WIFI iPad. I've read the threads about wait for gen2 or why get if you have iPhone. All I can say after day 2 is wow! I don't have an iPhone4, have 3GS 32 and very pleased with it. The iPad is an awesome device, love the screen and size, genius rep told me no need to buy screen protector. Had no intent on providing an assess to date, maybe later, just wanted to share with my MacRumors brethren and sisters what you already know, iPad is a great device..

2. Maziar macrumors 6502

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Ipad 2 is not going to be that much better than Ipad 1. Don't people learn from history? When did ever apple took big step forward from Gen 1 to Gen 2? Did they do that with Ipod? Iphone?

Most likely apple will add one killer feature for next Ipad and it will be a camera.
    Retina Display? Keep dreaming.

4. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

Even with the special coating, your screen can get scratched. If you don't plan on getting a case that covers the screen when not in use I would at least get a screen protector.

5. Jethrotoe macrumors regular

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. It's a great device. I'm sure you will be glad you didn't wait for the iPad 10 Ha Ha.

I would suggest a screen protector though and there are some good ones that you won't even know are on there but might be glad that you have it.

There are a million cases out there, I'm sure you can find one that suits you.

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I love mine. I use it daily. It replaces my laptop. (Most of my work is done on a desktop)

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

8. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

9. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I had a "couch day" all day yesterday and played on the iPad for probably 12+ hours. I don't know what I did before iPad... oh yeah... whipped out the MBP. :p

Enjoy it! The more you use it, the more uses you'll find for it. I don't go anywhere without the iPad and iPhone 4 these days.

10. dirkdirk80 macrumors member

Congrats!!

I got mine today.....I haven't put in down since....although I thought I would be a bigger fan of this Apple case for it. I'm not.

11. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

Welcome to the club. I have had mine for over a month and every day I am using it for more and more. As others have mentioned here, I am not sure what I did without it.

Check out then Ant Glare Power Support screen protector. It not only helps with protecting the screen but reduces those greasy finger prints.

12. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

13. merics thread starter macrumors member

I did buy the apple case. However, I've always had a Power Support (PS) on my iPhone and still feel I should protect the screen. Does PS make protector? If not, which do you recommend? I like the anti-glare on the iPhone.

14. merics thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I'll look into Power Support.

15. merics thread starter macrumors member

16. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Ok check out the incase convertible jacket. $25 more then the apple version but well worth it. I was going to buy the apple case but when I saw how thin that box was for $40 bucks I ponied up the extra $25 for the incase and I have to say it's one great case.

17. merics thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I'll look into the incase, I've had incase on my 3GS over a year and love it.

18. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

You forgot to tell us WHY it is a great device for you. Just saying "wow" isn't saying anything.

For me, the iPad was a rather complete fail, and that's why I returned it to Apple. (My reasons are on my blog and on some other posts on this forum.)

19. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Make sure you look at the convertible jacket. I almost bought the wrong one at best buy before i realized they had 2 models. One is called the iPad Jacket and one is called the iPad convertible jacket. For $10 more the convertible jacket has the 3 position stand built in. This really comes in handy. I bought mine at the Apple Store.

20. merics thread starter macrumors member

Thanks much.

21. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

I just got one too. I wanted to wait to the next one but I kept reaching for one when in the store. Finally some youngster wanted to sell his so I took it off of his hands. I thought it would be nothing more than a large iPod Touch but it really is so much more.

I planned on selling it to fund buying the next one but my Mom seems to like it so ill just give it to her.

Also, I ordered the elago stand for it (also ordered its brother's for the macbook pro and iPhone), it looks great sitting on it.

22. merics thread starter macrumors member

As I indicated in orig post, I'd do review at later time. Just wanted quick post to celebrate ownership amongst the MacRumors community. More to come...

23. merics thread starter macrumors member

Congrats! I've also decided only iPad apps will be purchased, no iPhone expanding apps.

24. PCClone macrumors 6502a

They will soon have competition from Android tablets and will have to step up their game.