New iPad - performance issues?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dinth1906, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Dinth1906 macrumors newbie

Just after new iPad hit the stores i bought mine in Apple Store. I was really impressed with it performance, stability, and experience in general. Unfortunately I've got an offer to buy Comet vouchers cheaply, so ive returned my iPad to Apple Store, got cash back, and bought it again in Comet. First strange thing I've noticed, is that setup screen on iPad from Apple Store had default selection of English language and United Kingdom country, and same screen on my iPad from Comet had default selection of Chinese language and Mali country. But thats ok, problems started later. Applications, both background and foreground often close themselfs, like system would run of memory, sometimes also foreground apps froze without closing. It sometimes happens even couple times a day. Thing is, that on my "old" new iPad, for two weeks of extensive using (& same apps), any application im using didnt died/freeze even once. I also have feeling that switching between applications take longer and websites load much longer. I cannot really accuse my iPad of anything particular, time of loading apps or websites is relative, and apps sometimes die even on iOS, but my feelings and experience from using it is MUCH worse now.

So question is - is that only me, or there is really something wrong with my iPad. Maybe there are some lower-quality iPads made for third-world countries, and by mistake i got one of those ?

2. r-sparks macrumors 6502

r-sparks

This is interesting. I had two iPads, both of which I ended-up returning because of the pink tint issue. The first was from John Lewis, the second from an Apple Store.

I swear the first was more responsive that the second. I had no crashes or apps closing themselves, but things like apps zooming in and out on screen stuttered.

And the second, like yours, kept assuming China/Taiwan during the initial setup, whereas the first knew I was in the UK.

3. Binarymix macrumors 65816

My 3rd iPad had a lagginess to scrolling, and to my eyes it seemed the refresh rate was lower than the others. I could actually see the flicker as if it was at 60Hz, which could attribute to the laggy scrolling I guess.

In any Case after one iPad with light leak, and two with the EXACT same yellow top left corner; I give up.

....For now.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

This really is a ridiculous thing to say. Utterly

6. Dinth1906, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

Dinth1906 thread starter macrumors newbie

Why? Im using Apple products since not so long ago, so I still don't know this company very well, but if food or clothes companies have lower quality standards and use worse materials for eastern Europe, than for western, so why it is so ridiculous thing to just ASK if consumer electronic producer MAY do same thing?

I see that I'm not the only one to have such feeling about two different iPads, maybe it is worth investigating? R-sparks do You have serial numbers for both Your iPads ?

Did anybody tried and had any luck return his iPad after 14 days because of feeling of poor responsiveness?

7. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Who is Comet? Do they have a website? Are the a chain of stores? Your best bet would be to exchange it through them.

I'm sorry you got a bad one. Sounds like you gambled to save some cash and lost. Probably won't get much sympathy here. Again, sorry you got a bad one.

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Comet is to the uk like bestbuy is to the US!

Exchanging through comet is a pain usually requires them sending off for testing. Go to your apple store it'll be quicker.

9. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Ah. Thanks. Best Buy here in states is not much easier.

Good luck Dinth.

10. Dinth1906 thread starter macrumors newbie

But is there any way (at least without jailbreaking or disassembling) to diagnose why actually applications hang ? Different parts, maybe sam memory chip errors?

11. brand macrumors 601

brand

Oh so the UK has big box consumer electronics stores with financial problems too?

12. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Comet has its up and downs but it's part of a bigger group lol

Best buy lasted about 18 months in the uk