iPad Pro New iPad Pro announcement date?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zord, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Zord macrumors 6502

Zord

Anyone have an idea or guess as to when Apple will have the new iPad Pro announcement event?

2. glasszerosp macrumors newbie

Mid October if anything that way they are released at the end of October beginning of November before the holdiday shopping kicks in.

3. cmaier macrumors G5

4. metalcyclone macrumors member

metalcyclone

My guess is sometime in October. It’s long overdue IMO... can’t wait to see what’s coming!!!

5. CPL593H macrumors member

I'm ready for it. Got my hope with up for the March announcement, WWDC, iPhone event- I can't take it any more!

6. metalcyclone macrumors member

metalcyclone

I know! The good news is, Apple wouldn’t have us waiting all this time if they didn’t have something very special for us when it finally hits... if the rumors, renders and leaked specs are anything to go by, it looks like we’re in for a treat!!

7. gnomeisland macrumors 6502a

I'm worried that with all the anticipation almost anything will be disappointing. That hasn't stopped me from designing the perfect system in my head. I'm thinking Apple may release a "pro" app to coincide with the new hardware (most likely FCPX or LGX). Something to really show off the power of the A12X and the hardware.

8. CB98 macrumors 6502

Well, full Adobe Photoshop is coming to iPad in mid October...

9. Jessica08, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018

Jessica08 macrumors 6502

Jessica08

Is it safe to say, since the X and new XS/XS Max phones have it, we will see an iPad with an edge to edge screen or whatever it’s called and no home button? I haven’t had time to check out any leaks, so I didn’t know. I’ve only had my pro for one year, but if the new ones have the features like my new XS, I’ll consider upgrading.

10. Greenmeenie macrumors 65816

Greenmeenie

Because of Apple doing preorders begin on Oct 16th for what will arguably be their biggest selling iphone, the iphone XR...i don’t think Apple wants anything to distract buyers for that new iphone.

So i am begining to believe that the new ipad pro event won’t be until November.

11. glasszerosp macrumors newbie

If that’s the case then we probably won’t see any new iPads until next year.

12. F1_addict macrumors newbie

I don’t see Apple announcing new models before the holidays Without having product available to sell.

13. Greenmeenie macrumors 65816

Greenmeenie

I dunno, but wasn’t the first ipad pro released in November of 2015?

14. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

It was announced during the September event and released November 11.

15. Starfia macrumors 6502a

Starfia

My guess is October will be about Apple laptops and possibly the Mac mini, but mainly about the new iPad Pro.

16. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

The MacBook Pro was just updated, so it's really only the Air (or air replacement) and MacBook. Presenting the iPad Pro alongside the laptops would be very interesting and telling on how Apple views the iPad Pro as an entity.

17. HarryWild macrumors 65816

HarryWild

Will if it is next year, then it will most likely be in March! Otherwise, the June time frame tied to the WWDC is the second mostly likely. Third will be October again.

18. fokmik macrumors 68040

19. themetnut macrumors member

I’ve been practicing the new gestures in iOS 12 Getting ready for this event!

20. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

Apple isn’t going to hold off releasing iPads because of new phones. They are completely different products. Apple is in the business of making money, so if they want to release something they are going to release it. It doesn’t matter how many new SKUs come with that, they pay their employto sell their products, so they’re gonna release those products when they want. The only reasons Apple will hold off on releasing something is if it’s not ready or they feel the demand isn’t sufficient enough to warrant releasing it. And there is certainly enough demand for the new iPads right now, so the smart money would be to bet on them releasing in the next month or so. It’s not just about dollars for them, they also have to keep up the appearance of people wanting their products.

21. Starfia, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018

Starfia macrumors 6502a

Starfia

Right, right – I was thinking specifically about the MacBook and the future (or discontinuation) or the Air, plus the Mac mini. (Unless it's also time for a first peek at the 2019 Mac Pro?)

Trying to feel it out by the rumours and the recent silence, the iPad Pro seems poised to make a statement about the future function of the iPad: back to its original concept of "what can the iPad do better than a phone, and better than a laptop?"

22. UltimaKilo macrumors 6502

With the iPhone XR due out in October, I would not be shocked to see a November launch.

23. AceFernalld macrumors 68000

AceFernalld

Judging by previous years’ October events I am guessing the 23rd or the 24th, with invites about a week before. At the earliest it would be the 16th or 17th.

24. HarryWild macrumors 65816

HarryWild

People buy presents for themselves for an upcoming birthday or holiday all the time. Apple knows this. Releasing it earlier would help Apple since people tend to talk to other people about their new toys they gave got like an new iPad!

25. Kal-037 macrumors 68000

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    When the Angels win the pennant. ;) jk...
    I hope we get an announcement in the next 2 weeks, but the realist in me is thinking no new iPads this year.

K.