Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakra00

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Anybody here having wifi problems same as mine? Mine never recognize/saves the wifi network. I need to connect it manually every single time. i have no other problems. Mine has a good range of wifi, doesnt disconnect.

Ive seen the 3 symptoms by apple but which of those are mine? Should zi bring it back?

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
You could try a fresh restore to see if anything went wrong with the software or take it in to Apple and see what they think.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Anybody here having wifi problems same as mine? Mine never recognize/saves the wifi network. I need to connect it manually every single time. i have no other problems. Mine has a good range of wifi, doesnt disconnect.

Ive seen the 3 symptoms by apple but which of those are mine? Should zi bring it back?

Try entering your details for your wifi in the other section when prompted to select from the router list. Mine would disconnect and keep asking for the wireless password. After manually entering the details my iPad has maintained the connection and has remembered the password.

shakra00

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Try entering your details for your wifi in the other section when prompted to select from the router list. Mine would disconnect and keep asking for the wireless password. After manually entering the details my iPad has maintained the connection and has remembered the password.

Oh my God. youre my effing hero! :DD
It worked! so does that mean that my ipad has no problems and its just somehow a software bug? :DDD

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Oh my God. youre my effing hero! :DD
It worked! so does that mean that my ipad has no problems and its just somehow a software bug? :DDD

:D I'm not sure but this is a fix. I've had no problems since I did this and it's been stable. When you press the blue button next to your wifi it now says 'forget network' but before it didn't say that. It's obviously not remembering and storing the password when you select the router from thr drop down list.

Let me know if it remains stable this way! :)

shakra00

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
:D I'm not sure but this is a fix. I've had no problems since I did this and it's been stable. When you press the blue button next to your wifi it now says 'forget network' but before it didn't say that. It's obviously not remembering and storing the password when you select the router from thr drop down list.

Let me know if it remains stable this way! :)

Your method worked but i did some resetting of the router through 192.168.0.1 and now it recognizes the wifi even without your method. I think its just that the ipad is having problems with routers

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Your method worked but i did some resetting of the router through 192.168.0.1 and now it recognizes the wifi even without your method. I think its just that the ipad is having problems with routers

Thanks for the response. I'm trying to isolate the problem further and I believe it is a router problem and the way the iPad communicates with the router as well.

At least you didn't have to take it back, which wouldn't have solved the problem any way IMO. :)

shakra00

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Thanks for the response. I'm trying to isolate the problem further and I believe it is a router problem and the way the iPad communicates with the router as well.

At least you didn't have to take it back, which wouldn't have solved the problem any way IMO. :)

Yeah. Thanks man! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.