new ipad problems

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iohass, Jun 20, 2012.

1. iohass macrumors regular

I got my new ipad on the first day it came out and recently noticed that there is a dead pixel on the screen.

At least I think it's a dead pixel because there's one black spot that doesn't move no matter how much i scroll on the screen. It's only noticeable when browsing websites with white background or reading books.

I also don't think my battery is holding up as well as it should. It seems to stay at 100% for a fair bit but then begins dropping very quickly and I think overall I'm getting worse battery life than I did on my ipad1.

While I didn't get applecare, there should still be a 1 year warranty from apple, so do you guys think it's worth it bringing the ipad to the apple store and replacing it or am I just risking getting a new ipad that will have a dead pixel in a worse area or worse battery or something else even?

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
  3. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

No harm whatsoever in taking it into a store to see what they say. I'd say it's likely enough that they'll swap you a new one.

4. nohaver macrumors member

If there truly is a dead pixel, take it to an apple store and don't take no for an answer. They should swap it out for you.

5. eneisch macrumors 6502a

You may not get a new one. It will probably be in a plain white box, which may be new or may be refurbished (and you will have no way of knowing). When the new iPad first came out the white box units were definetly new as there were no returns to turn into refurbs. Now that a couple of months have gone by it's anyone's guess.

6. Rodster macrumors 68040

I'd definitely take a refurb over new. Think about it, most of the refurbs have little mileage and wear. Most of the returns were partly due to OCD. Those iPad's will go thru extra QC. :)

Anyway check the serial number when you get your exchange, iPad 2's started with DK.

7. Odyonekanoby macrumors newbie

iPad problems after downloading Netflix new app's version??

Does anyone knows why, after downloading the new Netflix, I click on a movie, movie starts, then the screen goes black and then goes back to the begining, back to the Netflix Icon!!! Now!!! the same it's happening to every App's I click on----G-mail---Yahoo---Facebook---Google---help--I need to know---what's going on----what did Netflix did to my iPad!! :confused:

8. Rodster macrumors 68040

Start with the easy stuff first. Force close all of your apps. Then try Netfix again. If nothing changes reboot. Then try different apps first. If all looks good then try Netflix again.