new iPad runs hotter on iOS6 beta 2

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by puercaeli, Jun 26, 2012.

1. puercaeli macrumors regular

I do realise it is a bit early but my iPad was running a lot hotter than usual and also draining battery faster than usual with iOS6 today(especially whilst browsing web). My use today was not radically different from my usual usage pattern. Also noticed that hot area extended towards the top rather than being confined to usual lower left corner region.

I will post more after further observations.

2. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

Might be due to longer usage? Sometimes you do tend to explore the device more after a update, especially when beta 2 brings about nice fixes and even some new features.
    If the issue is troubling you, you can always restore it as a new device and load iOS beta 2 again. It might fix the problem.
    Whenever my iOS devices run into some problem, I sometimes simply turn it off and on again.

3. puercaeli thread starter macrumors regular

I was not really using it more... I think there is a good possibility that this is just my perception(although heat issue was definitely a bit unusual). I think I will see for few more days before I make definite conclusion

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Heat is a signature feature of Apple products.

That's how you know it's Genuine Apple :)

5. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I have to agree. I do feel it getting hotter but honestly it's a beta so it could just be poor battery optimization. I notice that the battery runs down faster when being used and the brightness bug is still there from time to time in darker places. It'll probably just get sorted out later.

6. pmz macrumors 68000

I concur re: new iPad & iOS 6 b2.

Definitely running hotter. But, in spurts, not continuously.