New iPad screen defect (sigh)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by darkfiber, Mar 16, 2012.

1. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Aww damn. I just got my 64GB Wi-Fi 3rd gen iPad delivered 2 hours ago and just got done restoring it from backup. I noticed a defect under the screen. At first I thought (hoped) it was a spec of dirt on the panel but unfortunately it is under the glass. It is like a small clump of dust or something right in the center of the panel. Not a major issue, and mostly only noticeable on a white background, but one of those things that will bug the crap out of me until I get it replaced. Unfortunately getting it replaced it probably going to take it a while since they just launched today.

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Get it replaced. All the 3rd Gen iPads at the genius bar should all be new--since there hasn't been enough time to turn around refurbished units. You don't necessarily need to get another iPad packaged for retail.

3. darkfiber thread starter macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

It isn't easy to get a good shot of it. Basically it is the size of a period in the email app. I don't think it is dead pixels, but a clump of dust or some other debris. Annoying, because it is such a minor thing, yet it is smack dab in the center of the screen and clearly visible on light backgrounds.

That's what I am going to do. I scheduled an appointment at the local Genius Bar this evening. Hopefully they have one to swap out since it is a 25 minute drive to get there.