New iPad screen separated from bezel?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rd261, Mar 24, 2012.

1. rd261 macrumors regular

I got a 32 gb black iPad and noticed that the screen is slightly separated from the bezel in the top, where the wifi icon is in the black bar. When the I look at the screen almost parallel to it I can see a patch of bright light coming from in between the bezel and the screen. Now it can only be seen at extreme angles, an it doesn't really bother me but Im worried that it may get worse in the future. Anyone else has a similar issue???

2. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted

Yes, others have had this issue including me. I took mine back to my local apple store where they swapped it out for another iPad without that issue. It's worth noting that because it's still early the replacement was a brand new iPad not a referb.

3. Gol27 macrumors regular

My first iPad had that problem, took 5 of the buggers till I got one without any problems.

you are also within the 14 day return period so you can just do a plain retail exchange.

4. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

I had the same issue across the top...about 2" across. I was within the return period, and I was able to snag an online purchase what I wanted for a next day in store pick.. So I did. I wanted a perfect iPad for all this money, and now I've got one.:D

5. rd261 thread starter macrumors regular

I think I'll end up replacing mine too since it also has a couple of dead pixels and a bluish tint in the right side of the screen. The o ly issue is that I got it at best buy and all of them are out of stock. :(