New iPad scrolling very irritating

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iRetard, Mar 19, 2012.

1. iRetard macrumors newbie

Anyone else notice when you scroll, the page gets distorted while you are scrolling? At first I thought it was my new glasses prescription, but then I noticed a few other complaints on a forum I visit

Is this a setting or something?

2. Mreddielu macrumors newbie

I think it has to do with the devices refresh rate. To refresh so many lines of pixels probably has a slight delay while screen movement. I'm not an expert but you can see this distortion on slower refresh rate monitors.

3. G5isAlive macrumors 6502

My iPad straight out of the box with no settings changed is the smoothest iPad scrolling, or any device for that matter, that I have ever seen. In fact I have told people I was surprised how silky smooth the scrolling is. I didn't think the iPad 2 was bad, but my new iPad is noticeably better.

i.e. I don't see the problem you are describing. Might be time to take it in for an exchange

4. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I can't see it.

Could you tell me specifically when this happens to you so I can recreate it?

I am not saying your lying, I'm sure some people are more sensitive to than other.

5. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Need a better description or a link to the problem you're reporting I don't see it not saying it isn't there but haven't run across it yet. :confused:

6. andrewfee macrumors 6502

All LCD panels do this, because they draw the image in lines rather than updating the entire panel at once.

This will happen on an LCD monitor if you move a large window side-to-side quickly, for example.

Because you're more likely to use the iPad vertically than most other LCDs, this effect is much more obvious.

7. TheNewEra macrumors newbie

Scrolling on the new iPad, for me at least, is identical to that of the iPad 2. I have no problems here.