New iPad scrolling very irritating

iRetard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Anyone else notice when you scroll, the page gets distorted while you are scrolling? At first I thought it was my new glasses prescription, but then I noticed a few other complaints on a forum I visit

Is this a setting or something?

Mreddielu

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2012
I think it has to do with the devices refresh rate. To refresh so many lines of pixels probably has a slight delay while screen movement. I'm not an expert but you can see this distortion on slower refresh rate monitors.

G5isAlive

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2003
Anyone else notice when you scroll, the page gets distorted while you are scrolling? At first I thought it was my new glasses prescription, but then I noticed a few other complaints on a forum I visit

Is this a setting or something?
My iPad straight out of the box with no settings changed is the smoothest iPad scrolling, or any device for that matter, that I have ever seen. In fact I have told people I was surprised how silky smooth the scrolling is. I didn't think the iPad 2 was bad, but my new iPad is noticeably better.

i.e. I don't see the problem you are describing. Might be time to take it in for an exchange

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I can't see it.

Could you tell me specifically when this happens to you so I can recreate it?

I am not saying your lying, I'm sure some people are more sensitive to than other.

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
Need a better description or a link to the problem you're reporting I don't see it not saying it isn't there but haven't run across it yet. :confused:

andrewfee

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2004
All LCD panels do this, because they draw the image in lines rather than updating the entire panel at once.

This will happen on an LCD monitor if you move a large window side-to-side quickly, for example.

Because you're more likely to use the iPad vertically than most other LCDs, this effect is much more obvious.

TheNewEra

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2012
Scrolling on the new iPad, for me at least, is identical to that of the iPad 2. I have no problems here.