New iPad searching for signal/crashed and won't restore

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PharmDoc, Oct 5, 2012.

1. PharmDoc macrumors 6502

About two days ago, my Verizon LTE ipad started displaying searching instead of Verizon LTE. I tried turning on/off cellular data and airplane mode and no luck. I then reset network settings and still no luck. I tried taking about the sim and tried using a AT&T sim to see if the Verizon sim went bad and still no luck. Then the iPad started rebooting itself so I thought I would restore it. However, the iPad does not restore and hangs at the restoring iPad firmware step and then eventually gives me a error of -1 or another error. I've tried restoring the iPad on both my iMac and my MacBook Air and still no luck. I have a genius bar appointment on Sunday but just checking if anybody had this happen before. I checked on Apple Support and it says that there could be a hardware issue but I haven't dropped it or anything like that and it's running iOS 6 and I don't jailbreak so that wasn't an issue either.

2. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

Contact your local Verizon store? Why did you put a GSM sim into a CDMA device?