New Ipad setup when moving to diff itunes .. Help pls.!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by beachfront71, Dec 26, 2011.

1. beachfront71 macrumors newbie

Hi and thanks in advance .. will try to make short.

We got an ipad2 and apple tv for christmas which has thrown a wrench into how we use itunes ....

My wife has had an ipad and iphone w her itunes

I have an iphone and now apple tv registered w my itunes ..

We want to put the new ipad2 under my name as that is where all the music and apple tv stuff is but she has spent the last year purchasing her own apps for her ipad (which is going away now that we have the ipad 2)..

Is there a way to share itunes purcahses on an ipad so she can keep her old purcahases but have the ipad under my name so we can synch movies and apple tv purchased?

Hope that makes sense as it is a little hard to put into writing.

Thanks

2. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

Well, as you both presumably have separate apple ID's, just authorize each others iTunes accounts with each other, and you can simply share music that way. You can have more than one iTunes account on apple TV, so no problem there.

Attached Files:

3. beachfront71 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks,

The music is not a problem ..

but what about getting HER purchased apps on the old ipad transferred to the new ipad that will now be under my account?

Thanks

4. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

You'll need to change the ID on the iPad 2. Let her download all the apps she uses. Then change the ID back to you. This becomes the main account. If there are updates to the apps your wife put on the iPad, she (or you) will have to type her password in to get the update.