New iPad & skins

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ScubaCinci, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I have a gelaskins skin for the back of my iPad 2...the new iPad looks to be almost exactly the same shape, etc (I know they are different but minor). I'm wondering if the iPad 2 skins will fit the new iPad (I wish they would have named it 3, HD, or whatever). Any thoughts?

Gelaskins lists the iPad 3 skins as coming soon but they may just be the same skins rebranded. I'd like to order one so I have it by the 16th.

2. ScubaCinci thread starter macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

For anyone wondering, Skinit has the new iPad skins availble. It doesn't say they are backordered or "available by" so they may be ready to ship already. I placed an order for one. I checked the part number for the same design for the iPad 2 and new iPad and they definitely have different part numbers.

3. socaltyger macrumors newbie

My favorite skin for the iPad2 was the old justickit/surfaceskins skins. They were simple and clean with leather texture and had cutouts on the back to keep the apple logo visible. I also liked how the skin didn't fully cover the back, leaving the curved sides open for full contact/magnet-effeciency with the smart covers. I've been looking for them, but seems the supplier went out of business. Shame.

Here's what it looked like on Amazon (out of stock).

http://amzn.com/B004RZQC5Q

4. ScubaCinci thread starter macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Just a mere two hours after ordering, I received shipping confirmation - sweet! :)