New iPad tethered with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ZeRoLiMiT, Mar 25, 2012.

1. ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

Did everyone do what I did, get the iPad wifi only and tether with your iPhone? And once the new iPhone comes out with 4g tether with that?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. JLee361 macrumors member

I was going to do that.. But with the iPhone unlimited plan being throttled at 3gb, it's kinda pointless, unless they change the data policy when the new iPhone 4G LTE comes out. So I just bought a grandfathered unlimited iPad data plan.

4. ZeRoLiMiT thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

A lot of my friends got the 4G models but I didn't want another monthly bill so went with wifi only and tether ;)

5. jeffg819 macrumors regular

Working on that plan myself. Always have the phone with me.

6. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

7. badtzwang macrumors regular

That is my plan as well ... Got the WiFi iPad and have an iPhone 4 that I tether with. Gonna wait till new iPhone comes out which will most likely have LTE and I will tether with that one.

I think you'd have to be crazy to get the LTE iPad, especially if you have an iPhone to tether with. You're basically paying for two separate data plans.

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Crazy, perhaps.

Or, maybe, some people rather TALK on their phone and dont want to run down their battery tethering. Other people would prefer LTE speeds than 3G/4G HSPA+. And yet other people would rather have the convenience always on rather than turning a hotspot on/off.

You know, different strokes for different folks, mental state notwithstanding...

9. levitynyc macrumors 65816

Thats what I've done since the iPad 2

Works like a charm

10. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

Am I the only one that finds the Antenna on the iPad unsightly!? That is the black area on the back of the 4G models.