new ipad this Fall?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bsw614, Apr 14, 2012.

1. bsw614 macrumors newbie

Months ago I read somewhere that the ipad just released is an upgrade,but in the Fall there will be a newer model. Any info?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

There are sparse rumors of a fall release of possibly a 7" model, but I wouldn't hold hold my breath for one, nor a fall release of the regular iPad either.

3. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

agreed, there's likely not another update until next spring, check the MacRumors Buyer's Guide (tab up at the top).

things can happen though

4. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Highly unlikely. They might start shipping models in the fall preloaded with the next version of iOS the same way that they had iPad 2 models (which originally came preloaded with iOS 4.x) with iOS 5. But that'd be it.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No new iPad, but the 7" to be realised in some countries I think...I hope so too, trying to catch my breathe for a while...:)

6. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

The move to a Retina screen was far more than just an upgrade. The possible introduction of an IGZO screen to reduce power use and make the design thinner is unlikely until the next annual refresh. There doesn't seem to be anything else on the horizon that would force an early new model.

7. blueExcess macrumors newbie

It's a fact that the Fall iPad (dubbed "The Newest iPad") is going to breathe fire and print money. It also has the ability to become an iBed and an iCBM. Rock on Apple.

8. thuchu1 macrumors regular

thuchu1

Next month at the latest

According to my sources Apple is going to release a new iPad each month with the screen size (s) varying according to the equation:

s = c-n*0.5, where
    c = the current screen size in inches
    n = elapsed time in months since March

9. soulred12 macrumors member

Remember that Apple "updated" the iPhone 3 twice before introducing a "brand new" model, and each update (3g, 3gs) iirc came about a year after the last, not to mention that it has done the same thing once so far with iPhone 4. Updates seem to "count" as new models as far as Apple's concerned.