New iPad vs iMac 27inch

Discussion in 'iPad' started by insomnie, Mar 16, 2012.

1. insomnie macrumors member

[​IMG]

This is the best i could do to compare the two. New iPad screen is unbelievable.:apple:

2. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

About same with my 24 inches. After seeing the difference, I don't want to use my LCD computer monitor anymore. :D

3. elistan macrumors 6502a

To get the same apparent pixel size of an iPad 3 at 13", you'd need to be 31.6" away from the 27" iMac screen. :)
    (Although at those distances, the iMac's display still covers more of your field of view... 46 degrees vs the iPad covering 40 degrees.)
    (Assuming all my math is correct, which it very well may not be. :p )

4. scriptlol macrumors member

Im so glad manufacturers are finally coming along with high DPI displays. When I entered college in 2004, I ordered a dell laptop with a 15 inch 1920x1200 display. It was unbelievable at the time and would be nice even today. I probably annoyed the hell out of everyone I talked to explaining 'pixels per inch' and all of that, and no one really understood why I was so excited about it.

Now, 8 years later, because of Apple, we are seeing this become a 'thing.' I can't wait to get a MBA with one of these displays in a couple years (or maybe this year :D)

5. kurzz macrumors 6502

kurzz

I know! I could've sworn that many years ago laptop resolutions were higher than they were today. These days, the norm on PCs is 1366x768 even on 15" screens, which is crappily small, it's like peering through a pinhole.

6. sartios macrumors member

Can't wait for UHD.

But yea the screen is fantastic, still love the 27" iMac screen though that is a beauty, I've got a 21.5" iMac but still lovely, I'll upgrade to the 27 when ivy bridge is released.