Resolved New iPad was stolen - Thief now logging support cases

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Newjackboy, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Newjackboy macrumors 6502

Background:

a) My sealed iPad mini was stolen in late 2012.

b) Theft and serial numbers were reported to police in United Kingdom.

c) When I log on to "My Support Profile" (supportprofile.apple.com), I can see that the thief (or whoever now possesses my iPad) has logged several support cases with Apple Support. I can see the dates and Case ID's of all these support cases.

Is there a way Apple will provide me with the information of that user? They clearly know the apple ID and location of the ipad. I am willing to send a written request from a lawyer to obtain this information.

Any ideas? Anyone with similar circumstances?

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

Call Apple.

3. 617aircav Suspended

They won't. How can they be sure the iPad is yours? Apple will not make decision that will pretty much accuse one party of being a thief.

4. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

I think if you bring the documents from the police or involve a lawyer you might stand a chance. Separate but similar thing when someone took my photo and pretended to be me online. I asked my lawyer friend and he contacted the site at the time and told me they wouldnt give me the information directly but they would give it to the police. So I was told to go to the police and make a report. I don't think the site wanted to be liable just in case I had the persons info and went to beat their *ss.

5. ct2k7 macrumors 603

A Police report is all it takes in the UK, generally.