New iPad web browsing speed comparison to iPad 2 an upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Mar 7, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

So I remember reading something about it being double the memory or double core chip or something to that sort.

I got a question will the iPad 3rd gen really be faster as in things like browsing safari in comparison to the iPad 2?!

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I will know what the difference is once my "New iPad" arrives & I compare it to my iPad 2 in my normal usage patterns.

3. cotak macrumors regular

No one knows how much ram it has yet.

It's just got a graphics bump to support the high pixel count. The ARM part of the SoC seems to be the same as before. So unless it's got a frequency bump it's likely to be same as before.

The likely result is the performance would be very similar. If there's more RAM maybe it would be a bit better but holding the same price with a new display might mean cutting corners elsewhere.

4. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

If it had 1gb of ram wouldn't they have mentioned it though? im pretty sure so basically the upgrade all youre paying for is the retina? (and camera who uses that on a iPad )