New iPad weighs more?! 50 grams?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WalledMacGarden, Mar 7, 2012.

1. WalledMacGarden macrumors regular

I really don't think Steve Jobs would have let this happen, In the past we have heard jobs ranting that it has to be this or that and don't show me until you get it done! He would have pushed people hard to get what HE wanted, and that was one of the many special things he was able to do.

Now sure whats 50 grams? well it's 10 US nickels, and weight wise it may not make a difference to many, but in the Apple mystique it's very important (I Think). It's things like this that made apple so special, it was always better with the same or less weight or always thinner or something.

I think with Steve around it would have been the same weight, maybe thicker and he would have made sure to emphasize it's an amazing trade off just a credit card thicker for twice the resolution.

Don't get me wrong..I think the new iPad looks great and I will be upgraded, but I see a few bad signs that point to a more relaxed and easy going Apple, hope I'm wrong, because we need someone to PUSH for more than the best, sure that's great, but you can do better. that was always the Apple way, I see that slipping a little.

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

3. meechy macrumors 6502

Oh shut up, this iPad was probably planned by steve jobs himself when he was alive.

4. mac jones macrumors 68040

Maybe, maybe not.

We vote with our wallets.

Also, may I suggest you/we move on......onward. :)

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

6. matthewskyle, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

matthewskyle macrumors member

How funny, considering the vast amount of fanboys that go crazy when the ipad slimmed down to the 2...but I guess its not important if it weighs more..only when it weighs less. hypocrisy at its finest.

7. salmoally macrumors regular

Damn you gotta hit the gym if you think 50grams is something worth crying about.

8. WalledMacGarden thread starter macrumors regular

crying, complaining? Uhhh, do you people even read full posts?

I said I like the new iPad and will be ordering. People just troll and look for something clever to say to a post...thats sad. I never said I was complaining, I was only saying I don't think that would have happened, and I think that's important, not so much the weight.

It was a discussion, not a complaint...why not read or just ignore.

matthewskyle, you are so right.

9. salmoally macrumors regular

Yes I read your full post and you still need to go to the gym.

10. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Have you not noticed the much improved battery? I'll sacrifice a whole 50 grams and .6 mm in thickness for the same 10 hours of battery every time.

11. matthewskyle macrumors member

So you will sacrifice 1,000 grams for 20 hours of battery life?

12. salmoally macrumors regular

Strawman.

13. matthewskyle macrumors member

Please come up with another excuse troll. I spend enough time in a gym.

14. palpatine macrumors 68040

maybe steve would have waited another year for retina, or cut out the 4g, or something like that to make it lighter. but, then we'd have a lesser tablet. i'd say the trade-off is worth it: best display in the world + 4g for a few grams of weight. ok :)

15. salmoally macrumors regular

Strawman as in Strawman argument? Maybe you need to spend more time at school instead of the gym.