New iPad will be available at AAFES for Military Folks

SporkLover

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
Heads up. The new iPad will be available on the 16th at various AAFES locations for military folks and their families.

This is great because they didn't sell the iPad 2 until 6-8 weeks after they initially went on sale.

Great way to save on sales tax!

bjmach

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
dam I preordered mine but Im off that day so will go to my local AAfes and pick up another one and wait out the impending shortage.

SporkLover

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
That's awesome! But what about the Marine Corps Exchange system (MCX)? Will it be at Camp Lejeune? :confused:
No idea. Would be worth a phone call to their electronics department.

The Marines only have a few MCXs CONUS (compared to AAFES)..... seems to be a homerun for them!

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
I'd be surprised if they got them any time soon at my exchange. I think it took them a couple of months to get the iPad 2.

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
I sold my iPad and my iPhone 3G to put towards a new iPad. I won't be at an MCX until May when my husband returns from deployment, at which point I'm hoping the Cherry Point exchange has them.

SporkLover

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
Just heard more great news. If you have coupons they will accept them!

I happen to have a 15% off any single item in store coupon. I verified they will accept it too!

710'sh for my 64gb AT&T iPad!

Lineprophet

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2010
Hmmm... where did you procure said coupon? I might be scouring the PX here at Ft. Hood on release day.

geislert

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2006
OFallon Il
Aafes

That would surprise me to have AAFES get Apple products on release day. I see nothing at aafes.com or a google search the last 24 hours.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I doubt they would have it here in Honduras. They don't even have any of the previous iPads. They do have iOS products here, but just iPod Touches and Nanos.

I'll ask in the morning though.

SporkLover

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
That would surprise me to have AAFES get Apple products on release day. I see nothing at aafes.com or a google search the last 24 hours.
Well it just so happens that Scott AFB has a big shipment (160) and that in the exchange they have erected a stage area in the front of the store for the new iPad. In fact when you drive on the base there are strategically posted small signs around the base.

Check it out.

geislert

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2006
OFallon Il
AAFES 16 Mar release confirmed

Well it just so happens that Scott AFB has a big shipment (160) and that in the exchange they have erected a stage area in the front of the store for the new iPad. In fact when you drive on the base there are strategically posted small signs around the base.

Check it out.
Lol, we are also at Scott. I emailed the wife who works across the street from the BX at TRANSCOM and she didn't notice anything, but I called the Exchange Customer Service, and they said that they are suppose to receive an unknown quantity. I then verified that this isn't just a fluke by calling Peterson AFB CO; they will also be receiving over 100.

Nice to know AAFES is actually trying to serve its customers.

Sorry for doubting your information.

SporkLover

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
Lol, we are also at Scott. I emailed the wife who works across the street from the BX at TRANSCOM and she didn't notice anything, but I called the Exchange Customer Service, and they said that they are suppose to receive an unknown quantity. I then verified that this isn't just a fluke by calling Peterson AFB CO; they will also be receiving over 100.

Nice to know AAFES is actually trying to serve its customers.

Sorry for doubting your information.
I'm also at transcom ;). The iPad display area they staged is in the front of the store where they usually show off a new tv or two. It's filled with misc apple gear now.

And it is nice when the exchange can keep up current trends, especially in the ever changing electronics world.

FamuLady

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
Florida
dam I preordered mine but Im off that day so will go to my local AAfes and pick up another one and wait out the impending shortage.

ORRR what you can do is buy one at Aafees in the morning then sell the one from Apple and hike the price up! :rolleyes:

Wise87

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
The Eglin BX is suppose to be getting some in. I also checked Hurlburt Field and there not getting them. Seems only the larger exchanges are getting them.

Joony

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2005
Picked up the Black 64GB WiFi for $689 ($10 off MSRP) and tax free, no lines or waiting at all :)

They apparently had 100 come in at the Fort Dix/McGuire AFB BX in New Jersey. Went in a 9AM when they opened but the truck didn't get in until about 12PM.

Time to play with this thing!

qube2

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2012
The Eglin BX is suppose to be getting some in. I also checked Hurlburt Field and there not getting them. Seems only the larger exchanges are getting them.
Hello

We will be visiting Eglin BX in a couple of months. Could somebody tell
me the price and avalibility of the iphone 4s and the new ipad.

Regards
John